2024 NFL Draft Thread

Not sure this is a good twitter account for anything more than the clips being shared. I'd ignore the insights/info being shared lol

Advertisement
If Levi ends up hitting at DT now that he is healthy - like all reports in the camp have shown - and is the 3rd guy rotating with Alim and Reader… that is going to be huge, especially since they don’t have a great EDGE2 opposite Hutch. I could see them switching to more of a 3-3-5/4-2-5 this year… and I expect quite a bit of 1 LB formations to get all their DBs rotating in.

Also if Levi ends up a hit that would make Brad Holmes’ first draft
1 - penei
2 - Levi
3 - Alim
4 - Amon Ra
4 - Derrick Barnes
7 - Jamar Jefferson

That’s an elite haul and when you do it back to back drafts it’s how you turn a franchise around

Advertisement
If Levi ends up hitting at DT now that he is healthy - like all reports in the camp have shown - and is the 3rd guy rotating with Alim and Reader… that is going to be huge, especially since they don’t have a great EDGE2 opposite Hutch. I could see them switching to more of a 3-3-5/4-2-5 this year… and I expect quite a bit of 1 LB formations to get all their DBs rotating in.

Also if Levi ends up a hit that would make Brad Holmes’ first draft
1 - penei
2 - Levi
3 - Alim
4 - Amon Ra
4 - Derrick Barnes
7 - Jamar Jefferson

That’s an elite haul and when you do it back to back drafts it’s how you turn a franchise around
really hope levi stays healthy. he was a beast pre covid -- scary amount of time has passed. i still have hope for paschal, too.

really hope levi stays healthy. he was a beast pre covid -- scary amount of time has passed. i still have hope for paschal, too.
Kicker, Legit Pass Rusher opposite Aidan (if Davenport stays health BIG IF it's okay with him and Houston), and a WR3 are probably the only "major" needs of this team right now. Kinda crazy. SB year.

1. Nate Wiggins
2. Quinyon Mitchell
3. Terrion Arnold
4. Ga'Quincy McKinstry
5. Ennis Rakestraw
6. Elijah Jones
7. Max Melton
8. Kris Abrams-Draine
9. Decamerion Richardson
10. Jarrian Jones/ Beanie Bishop

This is probably one of the deepest CB drafts in several years. There's guys like Dwight McGlothern, Myles Harden, Jarvis Brownlee, DJ James & Micah Abraham who will all be available in the later rounds, but will likely be contributing starters in the league & play well.

Then you have a versatile Swiss army knife style prospect like Jaylin Simpson. He's a Safety, but played a ton of Corner in college & has very good speed to play both spots. He was also excellent in coverage for most of his career.

Beanie Bishop is probably the biggest sleeper at CB in the draft. One of the best technically sound cover corners in this year's group & has very good speed/athletic ability. The only knock on him is size, but he's an ideal Nickel that can also play Field.

@cway313 💯

After watching Kindle Vildor, Khalil Dorsey and Cam Sutton get abused for 20 games this brought a tear to my eye. Losing Emmanuel Mosely for the 3rd straight year doesn't even warrant more than a shrug at this point. Rakestraw has just about locked down that nickel spot with Arnold and Davis on the perimeters we have a legit shot at New Orleans next February.

Advertisement
Just wasted about 60 minutes of my life rewatching the Patriots preseason game.

Defense appears to be the same as always, even the backups are dominant at this point. Should have had multiple picks, but the unit appears to be stout once again.

Focus was on different lineups on the O-Line, pass protection was solid to good, run blocking was garbage for the most part. Maye got a drive, but heavy rain made any sort of offense a bit difficult. Zappe got a favor by showing why he should be going somewhere else and Milton showed why he should be the third QB moving forward.

And Boutte is really close to making the spot. Makes plays every time he is on the field.

But beyond that, there's nothing to analyze. I'm sure Carolina was more hopeful in being competitive, but they weren't.

Branch last year then terrion and this kid they killin it..Is there db coach still the guy dan brought over from the saints? They seem to have always drafted good dbs as well
That was Aubrey Pleasant, he's with the Rams now. Their current CB's Coach is Deshea Townsend.

But the reason for their emphasis on CB play is because of their DC Aaron Glenn who's a former CB himself.

That was Aubrey Pleasant, he's with the Rams now. Their current CB's Coach is Deshea Townsend.

But the reason for their emphasis on CB play is because of their DC Aaron Glenn who's a former CB himself.
Yep Glenn was who i was thinking, he was the saints db coach when dan was there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You’re sick
ZRBT4Iab8Kk5V0PmMa.gif

After watching Kindle Vildor, Khalil Dorsey and Cam Sutton get abused for 20 games this brought a tear to my eye. Losing Emmanuel Mosely for the 3rd straight year doesn't even warrant more than a shrug at this point. Rakestraw has just about locked down that nickel spot with Arnold and Davis on the perimeters we have a legit shot at New Orleans next February.

Advertisement
Back