2024 CB Cai Bates

Update: they did not hear my prayers.
Uefa Champions League Sport GIF by UEFA

Advertisement
Advertisement
NIL is such a joke right now. Zero chance the majority of the kids are providing anything close in value to the funds provided. Endorsements like Caleb Williams (4-5 TV ads) making him millions, that IMO is what NIL is about. Boosters paying kids because they want the team to win but don't hold them accountable to marketing/endorsements, not so much. I guess the good news: the under the table payments are now in the view of the IRS.

NIL is such a joke right now. Zero chance the majority of the kids are providing anything close in value to the funds provided. Endorsements like Caleb Williams (4-5 TV ads) making him millions, that IMO is what NIL is about. Boosters paying kids because they want the team to win but don't hold them accountable to marketing/endorsements, not so much. I guess the good news: the under the table payments are now in the view of the IRS.
Let it all out. 😆

Advertisement

What a joke! So much for getting out of state! Why were we never on this kid? I get that his family are FSU fans but it just seems like we didn't even try. Why does it seem like FSU is recruiting downhill but things always seem like we are fighting an uphill battle. 2 years ago the narrative was that FSU didn't have the type of money to be able to compete in this new era of NIL. The narrative was that FSU lacked the type of money needed to revamp their entire infrastructure and keep it up to date. We were told that we had the NIL opportunities and that the school was now committed toward heavily investing in the infrastructure of the program. We have amazing facilities that are only going to get better. We have a new locker room, a whole new sports science department, state of the art player areas plus new dorms and on and on. Yet all of a sudden everyone wants to go to FSU like high school recruits, portal transfers, Juco players etc. Then Norvell goes 10-3 in his 3rd year and he is 10-0 going into a game with North Alabama which will have them at 11-0 going into the season finale vs UIF. Clearly the Semenholes are doing something right. Don't get me wrong. Mario is a great recruiter and we have brought in some amazing players and will continue to do so but there is just something that feels a bit off to me.

Advertisement
What a joke! So much for getting out of state! Why were we never on this kid? I get that his family are FSU fans but it just seems like we didn't even try. Why does it seem like FSU is recruiting downhill but things always seem like we are fighting an uphill battle. 2 years ago the narrative was that FSU didn't have the type of money to be able to compete in this new era of NIL. The narrative was that FSU lacked the type of money needed to revamp their entire infrastructure and keep it up to date. We were told that we had the NIL opportunities and that the school was now committed toward heavily investing in the infrastructure of the program. We have amazing facilities that are only going to get better. We have a new locker room, a whole new sports science department, state of the art player areas plus new dorms and on and on. Yet all of a sudden everyone wants to go to FSU like high school recruits, portal transfers, Juco players etc. Then Norvell goes 10-3 in his 3rd year and he is 10-0 going into a game with North Alabama which will have them at 11-0 going into the season finale vs UIF. Clearly the Semenholes are doing something right. Don't get me wrong. Mario is a great recruiter and we have brought in some amazing players and will continue to do so but there is just something that feels a bit off to me.
Because we got the SFLa kids you need to win instead. We don't need to leave Miami to recruit skill players.

out of here lol GIF

Because we got the SFLa kids you need to win instead. We don't need to leave Miami to recruit skill players.

out of here lol GIF
Yeah I suppose you are right but Orlando is not far and it's in Schenellenberger's mythical "State of Miami" IIRC. Pay no mind. I'm just in a foul mood today.

Didn't know much about the kid, but I haven't seen too many Orlando area kids pan out for awhile now outside of the Apopka big boys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back