2024 CB Cai Bates

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

(Mid-Senior year)

(Junior Year)

6’2 175lbs 4-star CB out of Orlando, goes to Edgewater

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball

Had a good Junior season finishing with 17rec 241yds on Offense & 4INT’s & 7PBU’s on defense, plus already has started off his Senior season with 2INT’s & 7PBU’s in 5 games.

He started out originally as a WR & then switched to CB mid-season last year & has done well taking to the position naturally. He’s a long armed big bodied Corner with good hip fluidity, quick reflexive feet & WR ball skills.

@:40 on his Senior hudl, does a good job with staggering his feet out of his stance, keeping his shoulders square while reading the WR & the flipping getting in phase to play towards the Boundary & against outside release & slowing down the route.

He mostly plays in off coverage Bail technique given how new & raw he is to the position, but has the physical tools to make for a solid starting Corner at the next level. Will need to have his Press Man technique refined, he’s way too high & has to get smoother with backpedal steps out of his stance, but that’s not a difficult fix under the right tutelage. Plus given his arm length will learn to use one-hand jam steer technique as his best weapon in rerouting WR’s.

Has good physical upside to be developed into a rangy Boundary CB at the next level. Doesn’t really have verified speed numbers, but eye test looks mid 4.5-ish.

Committed to LSU back in July & is apparently still pretty locked in with them, but with being an Edgewater kid (same area as Malik Bryant), I’m wondering if Miami will put any feelers out to see if we can press the issue for a potential flip come December? His offer list is legit, upside is there no question & LSU (IMO) is going to unravel the rest of the season, why not make a push in flip season for an Orlando kid?

Advertisement

(Mid-Senior year)

(Junior Year)

Had a good Junior season finishing with 17rec 241yds on Offense & 4INT’s & 7PBU’s on defense, plus already has started off his Senior season with 2INT’s & 7PBU’s in 5 games.

He started out originally as a WR & then switched to CB mid-season last year & has done well taking to the position naturally. He’s a long armed big bodied Corner with good hip fluidity, quick reflexive feet & WR ball skills.

@:40 on his Senior hudl, does a good job with staggering his feet out of his stance, keeping his shoulders square while reading the WR & the flipping getting in phase to play towards the Boundary & against outside release & slowing down the route.

He mostly plays in off coverage Bail technique given how new & raw he is to the position, but has the physical tools to make for a solid starting Corner at the next level. Will need to have his Press Man technique refined, he’s way too high & has to get smoother with backpedal steps out of his stance, but that’s not a difficult fix under the right tutelage. Plus given his arm length will learn to use one-hand jam steer technique as his best weapon in rerouting WR’s.

Has good physical upside to be developed into a rangy Boundary CB at the next level. Doesn’t really have verified speed numbers, but eye test looks mid 4.5-ish.

Committed to LSU back in July & is apparently still pretty locked in with them, but with being an Edgewater kid (same area as Malik Bryant), I’m wondering if Miami will put any feelers out to see if we can press the issue for a potential flip come December? His offer list is legit, upside is there no question & LSU (IMO) is going to unravel the rest of the season, why not make a push in flip season for an Orlando kid?

CB??

Customer Service Karen GIF by FILMRISE

(Mid-Senior year)

(Junior Year)

Hey god... me again - iFunny Brazil

Attachments

• 1696168813218.jpeg
    1696168813218.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 0
Didn’t we also get Markeith Williams from the Orlando area too?
You don't forget things, so this was a rhetorical question right? In any case, Markeith Williams and his 4* Safety teammate Brandon Jacob (which we seem to have renewed interest in) came from Orlando Evans.

Advertisement
Wait, he's a Top 100 player and #3 CB in FL? We should definitely be sniffing around here to see if there's interest. I just see nothing in his timeline to indicate that he's wavering.

Advertisement
Nah. As some of you know, I’ve been around the Edgewater program for a few years. Still couldn’t believe we offered and signed Deshawn Troutman. Anyway, this kid is all about getting out of Florida. He hinted at FSU because he family are fsu fans, and he may give OSU and Texas (because of CJ Baxter) a look as well. But I fully expect him to stay solid to LSU.

Advertisement
Nah. As some of you know, I’ve been around the Edgewater program for a few years. Still couldn’t believe we offered and signed Deshawn Troutman. Anyway, this kid is all about getting out of Florida. He hinted at FSU because he family are fsu fans, and he may give OSU and Texas (because of CJ Baxter) a look as well. But I fully expect him to stay solid to LSU.
Angry Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

I remember thinking like wtf are we doing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back