2016 Baseball Recruiting Thread

i haven't followed our baseball recruiting too well, i always see us getting top kids committed that always go pro instead of going to college which i don't blame them but it seems like our luck with it isn't as good as other schools, kep brown last year really hurt us we could have used him, i know its a crap shoot but dam we must be doing a horrible job trying to get them to come here instead of going pro

Advertisement
South Florida Elite Squad continues to send kids our way. They're the best summer ball team in south Florida every year. Richie Palmer, brother of former Canes LF Tyler Palmer runs the program. Summer ball is taking over HS baseball, it's all about perfect game showcases ..etc. As long as we have an in with my Palmer he'll continue to funnel us top guys. A lot of these commits played on the same summer team actually.

Summer baseball is not taking over high school baseball. None of the showcases or tournaments occur during the high school season. And when a kid signs, you hear that he is from Parkland Douglas, not from the Boca Barracudas.

HS kids get recruited based off of summer ball. College coaches travel around and make offers mainly based off of summer ball circuit play/showcases. Now a days it's rare to see college coaches at HS games. If anything, down here in SF there are more pro scouts following 1 or 2 specific prospects at HS games.

Don't get me wrong the HS game will never phase out, but it is losing its importance in the recruiting aspect.

South Florida Elite Squad continues to send kids our way. They're the best summer ball team in south Florida every year. Richie Palmer, brother of former Canes LF Tyler Palmer runs the program. Summer ball is taking over HS baseball, it's all about perfect game showcases ..etc. As long as we have an in with my Palmer he'll continue to funnel us top guys. A lot of these commits played on the same summer team actually.

Summer baseball is not taking over high school baseball. None of the showcases or tournaments occur during the high school season. And when a kid signs, you hear that he is from Parkland Douglas, not from the Boca Barracudas.

HS kids get recruited based off of summer ball. College coaches travel around and make offers mainly based off of summer ball circuit play/showcases. Now a days it's rare to see college coaches at HS games. If anything, down here in SF there are more pro scouts following 1 or 2 specific prospects at HS games.

Don't get me wrong the HS game will never phase out, but it is losing its importance in the recruiting aspect.

That's different from "summer ball is taking over HS baseball".

That's different from "summer ball is taking over HS baseball".

Not really. This is a thread about recruiting and showcases or summer ball is taking over HS baseball on the recruiting front, similar to non-high school leagues like AAU, traveling leagues, etc. have for soccer and basketball in many areas.

Not really. This is a thread about recruiting and showcases or summer ball is taking over HS baseball on the recruiting front, similar to non-high school leagues like AAU, traveling leagues, etc. have for soccer and basketball in many areas.

Except that in those other sports, the recruiting events are going on during the high school seasons. So in those cases, club ball is taking over high school ball. Baseball recruiting still respects the high school season. Kids are not missing high school games to go to recruiting events.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Baseball team also recently got a commit from JUCO OF James Davison

He was drafted by the White Sox out of HS and originally signed with us, but decided to go to JUCO instead. Now he'll be on the team for the 2016-17 season.

He's hitting .390 with 35 SB. The kid can fly. I expect him, Chester, and Tackett to be the starting OF next year.

NJCAA

Advertisement
We've also got Reese Cooley committed from Chipola College. If he's not a draft casualty, good chance he's a starter at one of the corner OF spots.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back