2014 QB Chase Litton releases an early top 3

He got the LSU offer before the Cam Cameron hire doubt they would take him. UGA is not going to offer him so two of his top 3 schools he cant go to. Vandy already took a QB this cycle and also has not offered him.

Advertisement
I'm surprised his record is public. He was 16 at the time of the acts, wouldn't that make him a juvenile? Maybe it was so serious he was charged as an adult.

We don't need the guy.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/two-wharton-athletes-arrested/12777/

He was essentially garage hopping, one incident, multiple houses. Had a good friend who was busted for this in high school except he was only going after beer. He turned out fine. Litton was apparently stealing other ****. Don't ask me why (because I am not sure), but just lifting some beer seems less serious (I guess if I had beer taken I would be less ****ed than a personal item) than stealing other stuff.

Advertisement
They're accused of stealing some coins and a basketball from one unlocked vehicle,

114.gif

Seems like some stupid **** a 16 year old kid could get caught up in. Is this the norm by no means. I wouldnt want him on my team never know if my quarters for vending machine will be safe.

Figured I'd create an account real quick to defend my younger brother.

First and foremost, I am not surprised about the sarcastic and comical comments I'm reading in this thread.

Second, he's a good kid who made a mistake. A mistake that has people like you judging him before you've ever met or interacted with him. It's a mistake that he has now had to live with, a question he must continue to answer during every recruiting visit and a mistake that is subjecting him to jeers and chants wherever he goes and competes.

To answer the one poster's comments about why the information got out being that he was a minor, the county we reside in, has a record of charging minors as adults. The seriousness of the events were not what prompted him being tried as an adult, it was for the convenience of the trial and a precedent that the county established a long time ago.

With that being said, I grew up a Miami Hurricanes fan as did he. It has always been one of his dream schools. However, there hasn't been much interest from Miami in the last year or so. He went on an unofficial visit after freshman and sophomore years. The latter, he threw next to Olsen and was there every step of the way. He made every throw Olsen did, and did so being a year younger. He still gets the normal daily mailers from Miami, but nothing really more.

I know I will probably get heat coming on here, trying to defend my younger brother but so be it. Just couldn't stand him being criticized by a bunch of people hiding behind a keyboard.

Last edited:
Advertisement

First and foremost, I am not surprised about the sarcastic and comical comments I'm reading in this thread.

Second, he's a good kid who made a mistake. A mistake that has people like you judging him before you've ever met or interacted with him. It's a mistake that he has now had to live with, a question he must continue to answer during every recruiting visit and a mistake that is subjecting him to jeers and chants wherever he goes and competes.

To answer the one poster's comments about why the information got out being that he was a minor, the county we reside in, has a record of charging minors as adults. The seriousness of the events were not what prompted him being tried as an adult, it was for the convenience of the trial and a precedent that the county established a long time ago.

With that being said, I grew up a Miami Hurricanes fan as did he. It has always been one of his dream schools. However, there hasn't been much interest from Miami in the last year or so. He went on an unofficial visit after freshman and sophomore years. The latter, he through next to Olsen and was there every step of the way. He made every throw Olsen did, and did so being a year younger. He still gets the normal daily mailers from Miami, but nothing really more.

I know I will probably get heat coming on here, trying to defend my younger brother but so be it. Just couldn't stand him being criticized by a bunch of people hiding behind a keyboard.

Not by me... Classy post.

Last edited:

With that being said, I grew up a Miami Hurricanes fan as did he. It has always been one of his dream schools. However, there hasn't been much interest from Miami in the last year or so. He went on an unofficial visit after freshman and sophomore years. The latter, he through next to Olsen and was there every step of the way. He made every throw Olsen did, and did so being a year younger. He still gets the normal daily mailers from Miami, but nothing really more.

Everyone makes mistakes. How are his grades and attitude now . Will teachers , coaches vouch for him? If so have him and his coach and teachers email golden

His grades and attitude are better than ever. Without starting too much debate, he has a workout with Alabama and Louisville in the coming weeks. All of his offers are legitimate.

As for the vouching, his head coach is a disciplinary-minded coach, I played for him back in high school as well. He would be the first to tell anyone how great of a child he is. His guidance counselor, AAU coaches, his FCA leader, everyone would jump out and defend this child. He comes from a great family who supports him unconditionally. What he is most upset about is the scrutiny he has put his family through. He knows people will be quick to judge him, as is obvious from this thread, but he doesn't care about that in the grand scheme of things.

And for anyone thinking I am blowing smoke and just defending my brother and my family, do a quick google search for "Shawn Vanzant and Lisa Litton" if you need any proof of the kind of family Chase comes from.

His grades and attitude are better than ever. Without starting too much debate, he has a workout with Alabama and Louisville in the coming weeks. All of his offers are legitimate.

As for the vouching, his head coach is a disciplinary-minded coach, I played for him back in high school as well. He would be the first to tell anyone how great of a child he is. His guidance counselor, AAU coaches, his FCA leader, everyone would jump out and defend this child. He comes from a great family who supports him unconditionally. What he is most upset about is the scrutiny he has put his family through. He knows people will be quick to judge him, as is obvious from this thread, but he doesn't care about that in the grand scheme of things.

And for anyone thinking I am blowing smoke and just defending my brother and my family, do a quick google search for "Shawn Vanzant and Lisa Litton" if you need any proof of the kind of family Chase comes from.

I appreciate your contribution. I commend you for staying level headed and not getting the masses stirred up; you stated your opinions and knowledge in a very classy way. That being said, I wish you and your brother the best of luck wherever he lands. We all make mistakes and your brother deserves a second chance, too.

Advertisement

With that being said, I grew up a Miami Hurricanes fan as did he. It has always been one of his dream schools. However, there hasn't been much interest from Miami in the last year or so. He went on an unofficial visit after freshman and sophomore years. The latter, he threw next to Olsen and was there every step of the way. He made every throw Olsen did, and did so being a year younger. He still gets the normal daily mailers from Miami, but nothing really more.

For real same family? Wow golden sign him up.

I appreciate your contribution. I commend you for staying level headed and not getting the masses stirred up; you stated your opinions and knowledge in a very classy way. That being said, I wish you and your brother the best of luck wherever he lands. We all make mistakes and your brother deserves a second chance, too.

I appreciate your kind words and well wishes. Wish more people shared your opinion.

A lot of people fail to realize that although these athletes are very talented and looked upon as role models because of their abilities, they are still merely 14 to 18-year-old children. They have had concessions and excuses made on their behalf because of their abilities and sometimes when they get put into a tough situation, they don't always make the right decision. And because of their abilities and notoriety, they can be judged in a manner that isn't fair. But such is life. You learn from mistakes and your experiences help you make the right decision next time.

I appreciate your kind words and well wishes. Wish more people shared your opinion.

A lot of people fail to realize that although these athletes are very talented and looked upon as role models because of their abilities, they are still merely 14 to 18-year-old children. They have had concessions and excuses made on their behalf because of their abilities and sometimes when they get put into a tough situation, they don't always make the right decision. And because of their abilities and notoriety, they can be judged in a manner that isn't fair. But such is life. You learn from mistakes and your experiences help you make the right decision next time.

Does the Mia staff know this is the same litton family. To me that is huge. As far as projected his future trouble or lack there of , grades , and dedication to the football field

Advertisement

Have your kid bro...come down to th enext Al Golden camp coming up...obviously were going after another qb...so him coming and competing will be key....either way its a good look fo him...make the 3 hr drive..tour the campus etc...throw for coach coley and get a good look.,,it wont hurt.

Also i never understood people trashing the kid..but it is what it is...his little situation was minimal....kid stuff,

your bro is a qb..he needs to get his list trimmed down or commit before his season starts....liked to see where he goes and his development even if he doesnt come here

Classy post by Litton's bro. I agree tgat people hide behind keyboards. It is pathetic. We still need a 2nd QB. Clearly Alin and us are not on same page

[/QUOTE]

Have your kid bro...come down to th enext Al Golden camp coming up...obviously were going after another qb...so him coming and competing will be key....either way its a good look fo him...make the 3 hr drive..tour the campus etc...throw for coach coley and get a good look.,,it wont hurt.

[/QUOTE]

If he camps here and shows out, no doubt interest would be rekindled among our staff

Advertisement
Back