2011 Team vs. 2012 Team

In 2011 there were 11 players who could bench 225lbs more than 20 times, nobody was benching 225lbs and nobody was benching over 400lbs.

Fast forward to the 2012 team and 41 players are benching 225lbs over 20 times. 11 of those 41 players are benching 225lbs more than 30 times. 3 of those 11 players are benching over 400lbs.

The 2012 team will be a better football team than the 2011 team in all aspects even with true freshmen participating. Nobody that Miami lost from that 6-6 team makes me worry. This 2012 team is about to surprise people. They're about to get after it like we haven't seen in awhile.

In what? A weight lifting competition?

The improvements in stregnth are great and all, but we've had sh1tty strong teams in the past. Besides, our defense will get out physicaled in most of the games this year.

Advertisement
Last years team had better speed and explosiveness offensively; Miller, Benjamin, Streeter were all big play threats, and had to be accounted for at all times. Obviously, the early season leadership on defense was there in Spence.

This years team comes into the season with proven special teams performers at P and K, and there are much better options at CB. This years team also has another year into the Golden system, which also means a year removed from the entitlement culture.

Overall, coming into the year, we're younger, more reliant on freshmen, and have question marks at QB, (I like Morris but he still isn't a proven commodity), OL, WR and take your pick of positions on defense. These are the disadvantages.

Special teams should be good, Perryman and Chickillo should be All ACC performers, and we're in better shape in the secondary, at least numbers wise.

I predict the same record 6-6, but if we get some things to fall in place 8 or 9 wins is attainable.

Advertisement
Back