2/17 VT @ 9pm

Consigliere

All-American
This is going to be an interesting experiment. We're 13 point favorites tonight then we play at UNC. We should win tonight and be underdogs at UNC. We may get to test rhe rankings next week. Exciting.

VT blows.

Advertisement
This is going to be an interesting experiment. We're 13 point favorites tonight then we play at UNC. We should win tonight and be underdogs at UNC. We may get to test rhe rankings next week. Exciting.

VT blows.
Would like to see us jump out and maintain an early lead so some of our worn out and injury recovering players can rest up for UNC. Eould also be good to get some bench dwellers minutes. In other words let's not play down to our competition's level

I wouldn't assume this one to be an easy game as VT has been playing better of late.
A well-coached team with some decent young talent starting to come on.

Hopefully our crowd shows up. The student turnout for the Pitt game was absolutely pathetic and disgraceful. You have a top 10 team who can't draw more than 200 students for an ACC home game? Larranaga has called them out and pleaded for them to show up numerous times. I doubt it'll help, though. Our students suck donkey ***.

Hopefully our crowd shows up. The student turnout for the Pitt game was absolutely pathetic and disgraceful. You have a top 10 team who can't draw more than 200 students for an ACC home game? Larranaga has called them out and pleaded for them to show up numerous times. I doubt it'll help, though. Our students suck donkey ***.

The fact that there are 1400 tickets still available for sale on Stubhub is not a good sign.

Capture.webp

Advertisement
Have to beware the trap game. This reminds me of the GT game we dropped at the buzzer the year we won the ACC.

This is sort of the product of student body makeup being mostly women and national/international. Oh, and millennials suck and especially suck at attending live sporting events. Combine those elements and it is what it is.

Oh, and VT is tough enough, how we are 13 point favorites is beyond me. They are actually fairly decent and more than enough to challenge us if we don't play well.

I can attest to this, I'm currently a student here and most people don't care about the sporting events. There's a bunch of loyal fans that I go with every time I can, but most of the kids I know would rather go bar hopping in the Grove on Wednesday nights.

Advertisement
Go bar hopping at 11:30.

Vt has had 8 days off to get ready for this game.

I would put easy money on VT getting 13 points as this game is sandwiched between our rival and UNC.

I can attest to this, I'm currently a student here and most people don't care about the sporting events. There's a bunch of loyal fans that I go with every time I can, but most of the kids I know would rather go bar hopping in the Grove on Wednesday nights.

What ticks me off though is that these same apathetic students manage to show up to UF/Duke/UNC type games. They only come for the "big" events, even when the team is really good. It was bad when I was a student, but it's even worse now.

The University I went to had a good BBall team while I was there. One year; we wound up going to the final four. I tried to talk to other students about the team, but there was VERY little interest.

I know four current UM students. One of them, along with his dad, have season tickets for UM football. They have no interest in basketball. Another one of them was offered a ticket to a home basketball game but studied for his organic chemistry test instead. Meanwhile, his father was probably watching the game at home, yelling at the TV.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The University I went to had a good BBall team while I was there. One year; we wound up going to the final four. I tried to talk to other students about the team, but there was VERY little interest.

I know four current UM students. One of them, along with his dad, have season tickets for UM football. They have no interest in basketball. Another one of them was offered a ticket to a home basketball game but studied for his organic chemistry test instead. Meanwhile, his father was probably watching the game at home, yelling at the TV.

My bad didn't mean to downvote

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back