1/15 Duke at 7:00 PM on ESPN

Advertisement
Since the canes are 2-3 in the conference, dare I say must win even though its against Duke.

GO CANES!

I feel like L has Dukes #. If our guys can step it up and play up to their talent level I think we will win. If we use our classic pass the ball around the outside until there is 8 seconds on the clock and then try to force it inside all game we will lose. We need lonnie and bruce to slash all game and let Lykes run the point. We also need Izundu to step it up. DJ needs to start making his shots. Huell can keep doing what he's doing because he is killing it.

I don't worry about Duke this time of year. They seem to be experimenting longer and longer each season even going into the ACC tourney last year. Playing at home I expect DJ to make a couple and them to miss a couple and we win. Doesn't mean we don't have problems but a familiar sight line can do wonders for shooting percentages

Advertisement
My bad, we are 2-2 in conference, even still, we came off tough loss at clemson, we ideally don't want to lose back to back games. Its still early, but the ACC is very tough conference, we have to be on our game to win every night. Going to be very tough game to win against duke, but miami can win this one.

It's funny how all the Duke fans on this site never show up in these threads.

Im expecting a bounce back win from our Canes.

Advertisement
Thank You Coach L for starting Lonnie Walker now please speed the game up we play way to slow to have guys like Bruce Brown, Lonnie Walker, Huell, Lykes let them play at a faster pace we may not have the depth but my goodness we have the athletes to run.

Couldn't agree more about the uptempo but "You can't always get what you want" the other team has something to say about it. I'm not worried about this time of year too as long as we are working on stuff like

Different combinations
The half court offense
Getting the younger guys plenty of PT
Blocking out - very important for this team

IMO we stiff have plenty of time to figure a rotation (if we have one) Right now its Lykes,Walker,Huell,Amp,BB and thats it. Somebody needs to break out of the bench group and be a solid 6. I don't see a real 7 unless 15 can stop fouling people for 5 minutes

Advertisement
Is this where I point out that L is 5-3 against Duke as coach at Miami and 3-1 at home? Should I point out that we started out 2-4 in the ACC last year before winning 8 of our next 10? So, this is in no way, a must win.

Now, with that said, we’re probably going to need Bruce to step up to have a chance. We probably need 3 of Huell, Lykes, Walker and Brown to play well.

Advertisement
BB scored 25 in his last game against Duke.

Going to be a tough game, but I think IV and BB are due for big games. This is the big stage.

We always play Duke tough and the off chance that Coach K misses the game due to illness could produce a favorable scenario.

[MENTION=86]TheRagingWolf[/MENTION], [MENTION=4546]cane305[/MENTION], [MENTION=9786]Ibis rules, [MENTION=10026]plantcity3[/MENTION], get your faqquity asses in here you'll front running Dook fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has to be DJ's night. He is due and we need him or it gets ugly. we can't beat Duke with just 5 guys scoring

Advertisement
Back