UCLA & NFL players say **** Chip Kelly

Is he that much of an *******, or are college players becoming more empowered in a good way or in a prima donna way? If this is going on there, and the players are in the right, his *** should be kicked to the curb.

Advertisement
Is he that much of an *******, or are college players becoming more empowered in a good way or in a prima donna way? If this is going on there, and the players are in the right, his *** should be kicked to the curb.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Good and prima

Advertisement
Advertisement
Follow up to this story from the UCLA Athletic reporter:

UCLA football team had a Zoom call Friday to address issues related to a story in the Los Angeles Times about demands regarding their health as the Bruins prepare for their return to campus in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The meeting lasted about 30 minutes and was very productive,

“The tone (of the Zoom call) was just very understanding that the coaches and staff and the athletic department were just trying to get to the bottom of what the student-athletes were wanting in that letter (mentioned in the Times’ story). After hearing that these concerns were already in the process of being addressed, the players felt more comfortable.”

An email sent from AD Martin Jarmond to the team that was distributed prior to the 3 p.m. PT meeting and explained that on Monday night, the task force received final approval of its plans to invite student athletes back to campus. The first point outlined in the email is “the decision to return to campus next week is entirely up to you. You are welcome to remain at home, and anyone who chooses to do so will not face retaliation or ramifications in any way.”

In addition, Jarmond’s email also outlined an online portal for team members to anonymously report “any COVID-19 related concerns, including violations of protocol by teammates, staff and others, is already active and in use. Any anonymous report submitted through the online portal is immediately sent to our faculty athletic representative, Dr. Michael Teitell, who resides outside of the athletic department and whose primary responsibility is your well-being.

“No student-athlete is in danger of losing his or her scholarship this fall if they do not feel comfortable returning to campus or participating in athletes this fall. Safety will continue to be our paramount objective.”

although he did have some offensive success in his past, I never thought he was a good fit for the young men we should be trying to have in our program.
I can agree with that as I thought his “cutting edge” offense had gotten dull without any creativity being introduced since his Oregon days

Advertisement
He reminds me of an old wrestler. Bob Roop
When I was 19 I worked for Roop and Dr. Red Roberts... They a ran a local wrestling org down here in Sunrise called Global wrestling.... Didn't last long. Meaning the org and me working for them. I basically did it for free just to get a foot in the door but it went no where.... He was cool though...
Let me be the bell keeper during matches... That's my claim to fame... lol

When I was 19 I worked for Roop and Dr. Red Roberts... They a ran a local wrestling org down here in Sunrise called Global wrestling.... Didn't last long. Meaning the org and me working for them. I basically did it for free just to get a foot in the door but it went no where.... He was cool though...
Let me be the bell keeper during matches... That's my claim to fame... lol
That sounds awesome. I think i saw some Georgia south match later on in life where he was his normal self. My experience watching him was when Kevin Sullivan turned him into one of his minions in Championship Wrestling from Florida.
Must've been quite an experience for you.

Advertisement
That sounds awesome. I think i saw some Georgia south match later on in life where he was his normal self. My experience watching him was when Kevin Sullivan turned him into one of his minions in Championship Wrestling from Florida.
Must've been quite an experience for you.
It was fun... Wish I woulda stuck with it and did something more in some capacity.... There was an announcer named David Penzer that got his start there as well ... He made it to WCW and Imapct for a while.... Not gonna lie I was a mess back then... Still had fun though for the time it lasted...

It was fun... Wish I woulda stuck with it and did something more in some capacity.... There was an announcer named David Penzer that got his start there as well ... He made it to WCW and Imapct for a while.... Not gonna lie I was a mess back then... Still had fun though for the time it lasted...
Ive seen Penzer. That would've been cool even working behind the scenes. On the mess situation weren't we all?

Advertisement
Back