SIAP new portal windows

Advertisement
Season 3 Episode 302 GIF by Rick and Morty

Not a fan of this
I'm curious why not? I think it makes sense. Having guys dip in the middle of the season can be a huge distraction and no kid can really enroll then anyway. Unless there is a legit family concern to get a waiver, I like having the windows. The transfer portal is only a few years old, so it's not like we're going back on some time-honored thing.

Advertisement
I don’t know what so complicated about this.

Transfer portal should be open when the player can academically transfer, except during the season.

Idk what to make of it. But the problem is that some players were entering the portal, visiting and signing with their next school while still playing for the school they're enrolled at.

Lane Kiffin said he had a player miss practice so he could visit another school. He also said he had to visit a recruit that was enrolled at another school and practicing there. Said he knew something wasn't right about that.

Advertisement
Idk what to make of it. But the problem is that some players were entering the portal, visiting and signing with their next school while still playing for the school they're enrolled at.

Lane Kiffin said he had a player miss practice so he could visit another school. He also said he had to visit a recruit that was enrolled at another school and practicing there. Said he knew something wasn't right about that.

Wonder what the time period was? During the season? They basically do something year around.

I get that some sort of tweak needed done. But not anywhere near this restrictive, imo. I'd like to see how schools and coaches would feel if the same window was put on their movement. No more dipping right after signing days, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back