Emory/Jacurri/Judd

Ive come to accept QB room is ALWAYS going to be a bit of a mess. No stud or highly ranked kid (4-5 star) is going to be willing to sit for more than 1-2 years max before hitting the portal. It will always be musical chairs. The days of stacking QB talent and developing them for 3 years to compete before they start are long long gone.
yeah I think this is largely true except for the very elite teams and play callers. I think kids will be willing to wait around for Riley, Day (Ewers not withstanding), Sark has two major recruits waiting behind Ewers who will be willing to battle it out etc. UGA got Vandagriff to sit around for three years. but that's not going to be us lmao to put it mildly.

but my post is less about the phenomenon you accurately describe and more about whether anyone sees what the staff apparently sees in these three (or more to the point in Emory or Judd) that may dissuade them from taking a QB w/ multiple years left. from what I'm reading in this thread it doesn't seem like anyone is that excited about any of these guys.

Advertisement
yeah I think this is largely true except for the very elite teams and play callers. I think kids will be willing to wait around for Riley, Day (Ewers not withstanding), Sark has two major recruits waiting behind Ewers who will be willing to battle it out etc. UGA got Vandagriff to sit around for three years. but that's not going to be us lmao to put it mildly.

but my post is less about the phenomenon you accurately describe and more about whether anyone sees what the staff apparently sees in these three (or more to the point in Emory or Judd) that may dissuade them from taking a QB w/ multiple years left. from what I'm reading in this thread it doesn't seem like anyone is that excited about any of these guys.
Youre right, the only programs who can stack 5 star QB talent and get them to sit 1-3 years will be the top 5 elite programs and QB gurus (Lincoln Riley), for everyone else including us its a different game. We will only be able to stack 3 star , lower 4 star guys (Emory, Judd, Bailey if he comes) for 1-3 years before they portal so you hope some of them develop quickly. If not, portal for a top guy every year.

****, even Lincoln Riley is going after portal QB's and he has 5 stars on the bench. Reality is you'll be in the portal every single year for a QB unless you have a legit starter returning.

Advertisement
Back