Define "Miami is Back"

Perennially top 25 and frequently competitive for conference champions. Relevant beyond the brand name and the money spent. Forget national title contenders. Let’s start with just being very good regularly.

Advertisement
Back is when we got kids who truck their grandmother for a win. We don’t have that mentality yet.

I want to see the mental attitude that we could go anywhere and the fear of his was instilled kntge opponents. May ever get it but if we do we will be more than back

Advertisement
Depth. When a junior RB goes down, the sophomore runs for 150. Like Portis. When they talk about the scout team being the stiffest competition.

Miami is “back” when they win a national championship. This year might be the most important season in our programs history. If we don’t win at least 10 games after spending all this money on our roster(up there with the most in college football), then it’s never going to work out. There is zero excuses. If you don’t win, the money isn’t going to still be there

Advertisement
national title, and then making the playoffs regularly
Even getting to the playoffs is a start. Back, to me, means competing for titles **** near every year. Winning some, losing some, but always competing for one.

I'll end with this. The first step to being "back" is not hearing, "We can still win the ACC" in mid-October.

Miami is not back until they win a natty. There isn’t another answer.
I might even go one step further.. until we’re basically current day Georgia. Folks surprised when we aren’t playing for one. That was the standard set.

That will never happen again IMO.

When no one has to say “Miami is back” or define “ Miami is back” or ask “is Miami back?”

Thanks for coming to my BAKTalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back