Miami Media scum strikes again

Advertisement
Advertisement

Cote's argument is based upon an invalid assumption; that the NCAA suddenly was going to start playing fair without Donna's kick to their balls. And he is wrong. The NCAA's agenda is clear and fairness is not part of the plan. The NCAA lied, cheated and practically stole to build a case so full of venom that is is shocking. They want UM's scalp.

Simply stated, absent Donna's left hook to their jaw, the NCAA would have trucked UM to death. Cote's idealistic notion that the NCAA suddenly, would play nice at any point, so UM should not have torched them is absurd. And it is hard to backroom politic for fairness when the NCAA already publicly hung you out to dry.

Cote is wrong, it was the NCAA that backed UM into a corner, rewarding unprecedented cooperation with three years of public UM bashing. They left UM no choice, backed UM into a corner and never going to take the foot off UM's throat. They practically put PSU out of business, wrecked USC after a horrific investigation and UM was next.

Enough is enough. With that motion, UM has effectively educated them members of the BOT and COI of the NCAA. The motion never was intended to gain dismissal, it was filed to educate the judge, and jury. Now the Enforcement Division will be on the defensive.

And it was brilliant. Last I checked KW's testimony just got tossed. I guess Cote was in the john when that went down.

"Putz"? did you read the article?

cote said UM is in the right, but they took a risk in publicly lambasting the NCAA for it unethical investigation. he simply opines that UM's strategy has a potential drawback -- one the Board of Trustees acknowledges -- that we are seeking fairness from the organization we are attacking. that is a perfectly justifiable conclusion.

cote said UM is in the right, but they took a risk in publicly lambasting the NCAA for it unethical investigation. he simply opines that UM's strategy has a potential drawback -- one the Board of Trustees acknowledges -- that we are seeking fairness from the organization we are attacking. that is a perfectly justifiable conclusion.

This was our response after (AFTER AFTER AFTER AFTER) we were extremely compliant and helpful with the NCAA. We only went down this path after we we're sanduskied.

Let's not forget the order of events. We fully cooperated with the investigation and even were APPLAUDED by Emmert.

I don't think his conclusion is justifiable at all. Look at the record.

Simple question, at what point during this entire debacle has the NCAA exhibited anything even resembling fairness? And because you cannot give an example, then please tell me how COTE is justified in claiming UM could reasonably expect or even hope for fairness now or at any time?

COTE is wrong. Fairness NEVER was available from the NCAA, and not just in this case. Look at USC, look at PSU? Fairness? Seriously? I think Cote is just covering his ****, hedging his bets. He wants to say "I told ya so" if this blows up in UM's face. But, per my post earlier in thread, expecting the NCAA to exhibit mercy or fairness in this case is a fools plan. The record has no evidence that the NCAA even understands the concept.

The NCAA backed UM into a corner and if UM is to achieve anything even resembling justice, it will be because they beat the living crap out of a corrupt, incompetent NCAA.

Advertisement
NCAA is jury, judge and executioner with no checks and balances. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

UM pointed out the NCAA's corruption in the court of public opinion, and while seriously damaging the NCAA's crdibility, left them standing.

A bad bully, if fought with, will only retaliate.

That's all Cote is saying.

Lets all remember that this is all speculation by Cote. There's no doubt that UM was cornered by the NCAA and they responded appropriately. That was a choice UM made (one that I agree with), but there are always consequences involved. The fact of the matter is no one knows what those consequences will be because no one has ever smacked the NCAA around like UM has. Because of the unknown, we (along with Cote) are left to speculate. We can all give our opinions on what should happen or what we would like to happen, but let's be honest, our opinions plus 99 cents still won't get us on the dollar menu. Cote could be spot on (I hope he isn't), but to discount what he said based solely on the fact that it doesn't go along with our narrative is childish.

Cote is our only ally in the media.

Him and Tim Reynolds are immune to attacks from this board

Advertisement

Cote's argument is based upon an invalid assumption; that the NCAA suddenly was going to start playing fair without Donna's kick to their balls. And he is wrong. The NCAA's agenda is clear and fairness is not part of the plan. The NCAA lied, cheated and practically stole to build a case so full of venom that is is shocking. They want UM's scalp.

Simply stated, absent Donna's left hook to their jaw, the NCAA would have trucked UM to death. Cote's idealistic notion that the NCAA suddenly, would play nice at any point, so UM should not have torched them is absurd. And it is hard to backroom politic for fairness when the NCAA already publicly hung you out to dry.

Cote is wrong, it was the NCAA that backed UM into a corner, rewarding unprecedented cooperation with three years of public UM bashing. They left UM no choice, backed UM into a corner and never going to take the foot off UM's throat. They practically put PSU out of business, wrecked USC after a horrific investigation and UM was next.

Enough is enough. With that motion, UM has effectively educated them members of the BOT and COI of the NCAA. The motion never was intended to gain dismissal, it was filed to educate the judge, and jury. Now the Enforcement Division will be on the defensive.

And it was brilliant. Last I checked KW's testimony just got tossed. I guess Cote was in the john when that went down.

Excellent analysis. Keep it coming. Death to the NCAA!

Advertisement
Actually, he is saying more than that.

What he said was UM could have played it another way. He said the alternative was for UM to continue playing nice, keep taking a beating and HOPE that backroom politicking might carry the day. Well, fortunately, UM recognizes that HOPE is not a strategy. HOPE was the only other option Cote, really, said was available. I disagree with and still, nobody can present an argument other than HOPE that the NCAA, even before Donna gutted them, was in any mood to show mercy.

The President of the NCAA was answering death penalty questions a week after the YAHOO story broke! They convicted us in the media before they even approached Shapiro. Since then, they have lied, cheated and broken their own rules to have UM's scalp, and Cote thinks that the NCAA might bend to backroom politicking and let us off with a wrist slap?

That is monumentally naive, IMO. The NCAA Enforcement Division has buggered UM for the better part of three years. The buggering won't stop unless UM stops it. Yes, Cote said we kicked a bully in the balls and they will have the last word, but he also said we had a viable alternative. I disagree. The only alternative to kicking the NCAA's **** will be USC type penalties.

This is a "bet the company" case. UM either schools Enforcement before the COI or UM is going get hammered. There never was an alternative and the NCAA made that clear the day they got in bed with Shapiro.

NCAA is jury, judge and executioner with no checks and balances. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

UM pointed out the NCAA's corruption in the court of public opinion, and while seriously damaging the NCAA's crdibility, left them standing.

A bad bully, if fought with, will only retaliate.

That's all Cote is saying.

Excellent analogy on "bet the company". It doesn't mean that both sides still doesn't have an "out" if they want to take it. What it means is, we're ready, willing and able to go down this road. We have our BOT on our side and they have already approved this course of action at the highest level; oh, and we also have some pretty powerful connections and a very interdasted media watching the fallout - whatever that fallout may be (at the initial COI stage). Ball's in your court COI. Make it right, and leave everyone walking out claiming they "won". Make the wrong move, and this thing drags on in the media and the courts. What institution will be hurt more - both long term and short term? Let the other coaches continue to recruit against us. In the end, kids respect a badass that sticks up for itself against a bully. They will see the light at the end of the tunnel. And to tell you all what you already know - people like the underdog. They like being on the side of the "wronged". They want to help the underdog come back - especially once they realize that there is light at the end of the tunnel, the Administration is fully supportive, and the Head Coach ain't backing down.

We tried playing nice. We negotiated forever in the back room. Unfortunately Emmert didn't have the authority to settle the matter. Donna wisely knew that this is a PR battle. We did what it took to win that battle. Now it will be a PR nightmare if the NCAA hits us because most of the country has taken our side. If the NCAA doesn't care about that the next layer of defense is the Courts and more specifically harassment via discovery and constant leaks of salacious and inflammatory material gained via discovery. The next defense is naked political pressure and harassment from DC and all of Donnas friends. I have no doubt she can bring political pressure to bear and have important people breathe down their necks. The NCAA will no doubt cry about this....I don't care. We're in it to win it. Any means will be used. Well go as low as it requires. I don't give a ****. The purpose is to create harm or the significant threat of harm. The COI as finder of fact needs to be arm twisted into "the right answer". I don't have the slightest problem commandeering the process with threats. Well do whatever it takes and step over and ruin whoever we need to.

There are multiple avenues here. I'm not worried.

Advertisement
Back