Rising Star Holley likes Miami early

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Lincoln High School (NY) DT Thomas Holley is one of the fastest-rising prospects in the country. After his first season playing football, Holley has received offers from programs such as Alabama, USC, Ohio State, and Clemson amongst others. The 6’5”, 290 pound lineman spoke about how he transitioned from the hardwood to the gridiron.

“From my basketball years, a lot of people thought I played football on first glance, so when I told them no, they looked at me kind of dumfounded. At first, it was just to try something new, but once I started playing and got into it, it became a very fun ride,” said Holley.

Holley is extremely physically gifted, so it’s no surprise he hasn’t had any issue with picking up football.

“It wasn’t really a hard transition at all. I have such good footwork, strength, speed, and quickness so that really helped out. It wasn’t really hard and I picked it up really fast. I try not to make the same mistake twice. I’m just working on my hands with my coaches, but I’ve been able to pick it up quickly now that I’m on football 100% right now.”

Although he had a breakout season, Holley didn’t expect the attention he’s been receiving.

“It definitely caught me off guard in the beginning. I had a really good season as far as being my first year so I though I’d get a couple looks here and there, but nothing like this.”

One of the schools that Holley has early interest in is the University of Miami.

“I’m definitely serious about them. They have a great defensive program and they’re actually visiting me tomorrow. They get a lot of guys into the NFL and it’s a wonderful environment there.”

Who has been in contact with the jumbo athlete?

“I talk to Coach Franklin a lot. He tells me how fired up he is if I was to come to Miami and the future I would have if I went there.”

**Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida, and Florida State are also sticking out to Holley.
**He says he will be in Florida “sometime in May” and plans on visiting Miami, Florida, and Florida State.
**Holley said he won’t be playing AAU ball this summer, but will play for his school team.

Advertisement
Kid is Raw but very athletic love him needs to use his hands more but he is good

Advertisement
Jethro for the love of God we need u to come through for us this year big. Why does that mean? Thomas Holley- cane. KHARI CLARK-CANE. Travonte valentine-cane

Advertisement
Is Holley going to be one of those guys that always talks about visiting but never actually gets down here? Tim Williams style

Jethro for the love of God we need u to come through for us this year big. Why does that mean? Thomas Holley- cane. KHARI CLARK-CANE. Travonte valentine-cane

while that would be an excellent haul, and there is still time for some kids on the roster to take a couple big steps in their game before the start of the 2014 season, there should probably be an instant impact juco on that list as well.

Advertisement
Is Holley going to be one of those guys that always talks about visiting but never actually gets down here? Tim Williams style

**** I hope not.

Didn't somebody say he was supposed to be visiting for the spring game? I guess that never happened.

Advertisement
AQM is a DT now?

But he was a huge out of State D-Linemen and he came down here. I don't doubt Golden's recruiting ability. Jethro is another question. Who knows maybe Al can use the same spell he used for AQM in jersey that he can for Holley in NY

Advertisement
Back