Edouard Commits

Advertisement
I haven't been back to Canestime in a long time. Can someone explain why Mike thought this would be a kid we just wouldn't recruit? What did I miss?

What I gathered is Mike just doesnt think he is Miami good so he assumed we wouldnt go after him

Right. I figured. But, why did he say he wasn't good? Accuracy? What is it? I'll put it this way: Edouard is 15 levels above Stephen Morris as a HS QB.

I love Allen Edward, but perhaps some guys are a little skeptical of his sub 50% completion percentage and his 9TD/9INT poor numbers. I'm all about potential, but he had a really nice WR and still put up bad numbers. It's going to be fun watching him this year to see if he develops and his production sky rockets kind of like what happened with Bob Marve in HS.

Im with ya here bruh. I love this kid's potential, and he's a great athlete, but I want to see him take it up a notch this year. The completion rate is not too hot, would be nice to see him have a "breakout" year.

Again, Im very pleased with this, but a lot of this kid's assets remind me of Kirby Freeman. Big tough kid, very fast, great athlete, could wing the ball a mile, but accuracy was suspect in HS, and it never got any better.

Im hoping this kid really matures and improves on his accuracy this year.

Bakas is the same guy who flew to California to watch Kyle Wright and crowned him as the second coming of Jesus Christ. His track record on evaluating QBs isn't the greatest.

What about that guy that he said wasn't even considering Florida State, that ended up going to Florida State?

I haven't been back to Canestime in a long time. Can someone explain why Mike thought this would be a kid we just wouldn't recruit? What did I miss?

What I gathered is Mike just doesnt think he is Miami good so he assumed we wouldnt go after him

Right. I figured. But, why did he say he wasn't good? Accuracy? What is it? I'll put it this way: Edouard is 15 levels above Stephen Morris as a HS QB.

I love Allen Edward, but perhaps some guys are a little skeptical of his sub 50% completion percentage and his 9TD/9INT poor numbers. I'm all about potential, but he had a really nice WR and still put up bad numbers. It's going to be fun watching him this year to see if he develops and his production sky rockets kind of like what happened with Bob Marve in HS.

Im with ya here bruh. I love this kid's potential, and he's a great athlete, but I want to see him take it up a notch this year. The completion rate is not too hot, would be nice to see him have a "breakout" year.

Again, Im very pleased with this, but a lot of this kid's assets remind me of Kirby Freeman. Big tough kid, very fast, great athlete, could wing the ball a mile, but accuracy was suspect in HS, and it never got any better.

Where is the accuracy issue coming from?

His legs are very long for his body. I can see Edouard growing a couple of more inches before he gets on campus.

Advertisement

Completion rate and TD/INT ratio. Its obviously not an arm strength issue.

Completion rate and TD/INT ratio. Its obviously not an arm strength issue.

Ah, ok. I was genuinely curious. Olsen had a mediocre TD/INT ratio this year didn't he? I know he was injured but I don't think you would find too many people complaining about his accuracy.

Either way, exciting exciting set of skills and I will definitely be watching closely this season.

Bakas is the same guy who flew to California to watch Kyle Wright and crowned him as the second coming of Jesus Christ. His track record on evaluating QBs isn't the greatest.

Dude is definitely off-base with a lot of his stuff lately, but don't pin this one on his "judgment." EVERYONE got that wrong.

E-mail exchange with Andre Fernandez, the guy in charge of the Miami Herald's HS Football Coverage:

My e-mail:
I am very intrigued by the commitment of Alin Edouard. Seeing his listed stats in the Herald database has me a bit confused (somewhere along the lines of 900 yards passing, 9 TDs and 9 INTs) because his recruiting articles list better stats (something like 1900 yards passing and closer to 20 TDs).

Due to this, I wanted to inquire with you as to what his actual season stats were and if the Herald stats are possibly a result of Hialeah failing to update/report the full season stats.

Thanks

Andre Fernandez's response:
Fernandez, Andre
12:06 PM (0 minutes ago)

That's exactly what it was. We likely didn't go to every single Hialeah game this year and the school never followed up to update his numbers.

Thanks,
Andre

Advertisement
E-mail exchange with Andre Fernandez, the guy in charge of the Miami Herald's HS Football Coverage:

My e-mail:
I am very intrigued by the commitment of Alin Edouard. Seeing his listed stats in the Herald database has me a bit confused (somewhere along the lines of 900 yards passing, 9 TDs and 9 INTs) because his recruiting articles list better stats (something like 1900 yards passing and closer to 20 TDs).

Due to this, I wanted to inquire with you as to what his actual season stats were and if the Herald stats are possibly a result of Hialeah failing to update/report the full season stats.

Thanks

Fernandez, Andre

That's exactly what it was. We likely didn't go to every single Hialeah game this year and the school never followed up to update his numbers.

Thanks,
Andre

So wait, the 900 yards 9/9 is NOT accurate? Well that's MUCH better news. Have to say his stats did seem pretty mediocre and concerned me a bit. 1900 yards and 20 TDs is much better.

^ That is why gcane is one of the best posters out there.

He liked my post the other day and I felt similar to what Gotye and Kimbra felt when they won a grammy and Prince said "Oh, I like this song", then announced their names

Advertisement
NICE JOB GCANE

YOU KNOW YOUVE MADE IT WHEN U SEE THIS AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR POSTS

BigPoopaCane, DMoney

Advertisement

My e-mail:

Thanks

Fernandez, Andre

Thanks,
Andre

While I respect Jhall's and C4's opinions, I don't see anything that deserves a mention of Kirby Freeman. I also don't see how 'Chise, C4 and Hall can "love him as a prospect," but in the same breath talk about these severe reservations. You either love him as a prospect or you're just curious about what he can become because of his physical tools.

To distinguish, I don't see anything in his throwing motion and balance to tell me he's going to have a problem improving his accuracy issues. I also didn't see anything in highlights to suggest the type of problems Freeman had: balance, scattered, lack of poise. Kirby Freeman could throw a rhythm ditch as a College senior. This kid does it with ease as a HS junior.

Obviously, we all want to see him turn it up a notch during his senior season and really refine his game. I doubt there's a Cane fan who wishes otherwise.

Last edited:

My e-mail:

Thanks

Fernandez, Andre

Thanks,
Andre

While I respect Jhall's opinion very much, I don't see anything that deserves a mention of Kirby Freeman. I also don't see how 'Chise and Hall can "love him as a prospect," but in the same breath talk about these severe reservations. You either love him as a prospect or you're just curious about what he can become.

To distinguish, I don't see anything in his throwing motion and balance to tell me he's going to have a problem improving his accuracy issues. I also didn't see anything in highlights to suggest the type of problems Freeman had: balance, scattered, lack of poise.

Obviously, we all want to see him turn it up a notch during his senior season and really refine his game. I doubt there's a Cane fan who wishes otherwise.

My iron brother, you are confusing me with someone else I think. I have zero reservations about this kid. The stat thing makes way more sense because simply he jumps off the screen in those highlights. I even questioned the accuracy part because it flat out looks like he has plenty of accuracy for a wiry young kid.

Kirby Freeman never ever ever entered my mind.

My e-mail:

Thanks

Fernandez, Andre

Thanks,
Andre

While I respect Jhall's opinion very much, I don't see anything that deserves a mention of Kirby Freeman. I also don't see how 'Chise and Hall can "love him as a prospect," but in the same breath talk about these severe reservations. You either love him as a prospect or you're just curious about what he can become.

To distinguish, I don't see anything in his throwing motion and balance to tell me he's going to have a problem improving his accuracy issues. I also didn't see anything in highlights to suggest the type of problems Freeman had: balance, scattered, lack of poise.

My iron brother, you are confusing me with someone else I think. I have zero reservations about this kid. The stat thing makes way more sense because simply he jumps off the screen in those highlights. I even questioned the accuracy part because it flat out looks like he has plenty of accuracy for a wiry young kid.

Kirby Freeman never ever ever entered my mind.

****, my bad. That's an offensive attribution. Must've just been C4life that mentioned Freeman. I read that in one of the layered quotes.

I'd love to hear opinions of guys who have seen him play live, is he a gamer? Is he the type of kid that just makes plays when his team really needs it?

I haven't seen him live but several people that have seen him at Florida Fire practices have said he's "not that good" and that there's better QB prospects in South FLA. Good athlete though. I'm gonna go by Fire practice and see for myself.

Advertisement
Back