Taylor turned down $600K to return

He clearly earned his rep. But I will say this, getting double teamed as a 1 tech when you love to get after the ball carrier sucks. He was taking one for the team.

Maybe we should have promised to also bring a NT in addition to that 600K NIL offer, and actually followed through? Not excusing LT's weaknesses, he is responsible for that combine performance, too. But we weren't doing him any favors.... Of course, coaches did try. Fing Darrell Jackson and Burroughs, if either had stayed we'd be in a different spot at DT.
What was bains excuse? He was getting doubled as a true frosh and still put up stats… at times the only pass rush we had

LT has all the talent to succeed…but just never showed it.

Advertisement
Yeah, but he had to know he was going to divebomb the combine. How could he not know this?
His rapper agent didn’t inform his client of this , telling LT it would be wise move to wait and raise your game it’s not NFL level.
You’re going to have an equally tough time even starting next year here let alone taking on the NFL.

Gerald Willis was so dominate at Miami, I was shocked when he didn't make it in the NFL.
I have not been shocked at LT's draft status. He was hyped up every year and just never made any impact

Advertisement
You guys aren't factoring in that sometimes players just don't wanna stay & are ready to move on.

People always get beside themselves when players leave early, but the reality is, you shouldn't want any player that doesn't want to stick around to come back for another year. All they end up doing is driving the locker room down. And tbh, there's nothing that can happen that will change the trajectory of the outcome. If he wound up as an UDFA after his Junior season, the reasons that lead to that happening will still be there his Senior season.

If he's got bad work ethic as a Junior, he's gonna have it as a Senior. If he takes plays off as a Junior, he's gonna take plays off as a Senior. If he's fat & lazy as a Junior... You get the gist.

The guys who leave early are doing exactly what they're supposed to do.
There you go making sense again. Didn't you know it is against the board rules to make sense?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back