Only 10 Manny guys remaining on this roster

Advertisement
Building bridges!
The bulk of the 2022 roster was supremely talented and exhibited habits commensurate with being well-coached throughout their careers? Could've fooled me.
Okay I have a few examples:

Duke W47-10 turned into L45-21
FSU L28-31 4th dwn stop away became L45-3
Pitt W 38-34 TVD outplayed Pickett turned L42-16

Don't get me started on MTSU.

How do you have such a turnaround in one year especially when the key pieces are all still there? Probably has something to do with your next point

I'll grant you; the staff was an abortion.
Which is Mario's fault...
11-1, winning the conference and getting a home playoff game would do nothing to mitigate that?

It's a start.
Here's to an ACC championship season and him wresting that rope out of your cold, dead fingers.
I'll drink to that
1000001156.jpg

I don't think people on here understand how football works. It's not rocket science. The QB position is absolutely pivotal towards the trajectory of your squad. But his role on a squad depends on the pieces you surround him with. If you've got studs at wr, studs at RB & a monster oline his role then becomes far less pivotal. What you need out of a QB in that position is simple consistency. In all our dominant years we've had TWO FLAT OUT DOMINANT QBS. That's Jim Kelly and Vinnie Testaverde. If you're really forcing a narrative you could add a third and say Gino. Everyone else was simple game managers. We didn't ask them to be world beaters. We simply asked them to be leaders,be consistent and don't turn the ball over... The logic people on here have now, they would've hated Bernie kosar,Craig Ericson,Steve Walsh,Dorsey etc. plenty of people on here actually talk **** about Dorsey and say he won because we surrounded him with so much talent. One of the winningest QBs in not only program history, but college football itself. But that same logic apparently doesn't apply to QBs now when we acknowledge were acquiring talent as a whole on an entirely different level than anything we've ever done... Y'all gotta be better. Tyler van dyke would've been a great QB IF HE COULDVE SIMPLY MADE ALL THE EASY THROWS AND NOT TURNED THE BALL OVER. The job of a QB is simply to get the ball into the hands of an offense playmakers. It's crazy that people who ***** air raid air raid cant comprehend that. All an air raid offense is at its core is a west coast offense. A west coast offense is based on getting multiple players in space and making quick reads to get the ball out. Anotherwords high percentage, simple throws. You don't need a world beater for that who can make all the difficult throws as well. Cam is a unicorn because he can make every throw at a pretty good clip all while still being dependable and not turning the ball over. But news flash for y'all. In what people on here say forever they wanna see being a air raid offense both poffenbarger and Emory williams can be good enough for that with poffenbarger being a clear next QB up at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if we do get another QB but it's not a glaring holes by any means and if we do get one more for next season it'll be the last for a minute assuming we keep what we have. Because y'all are literally asking for two separate players at the QB position.

Agree. Stack talent and don’t turn the ball over. Make a couple big throws win needed. TVD cost more games than he cause he kept throwing INT.

Cant have that.

Won't speak for the poster who you quoted, but I'm concerned about our Safeties and Cornerbacks. Unless we make a couple more moves, I'm gonna be concerned if Powell is off the field (or worse, injured) and teams go 4WR on us. Maybe Markeith makes some unexpected leap, I don't know.

I know the coaches see these issues, but our previous DB coach left us in what I'd consider a glaring hole that can't immediately be filled.

***Edit: Nevermind. I should have kept reading the thread. You answer to this in a later post: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/only-10-manny-guys-remaining-on-this-roster.191080/post-7153346
I expect us to land another CB. Portal is waaay too good at CB this spring to only land one imo. And we're not talking just 1yr mercenaries at CB. There are multiple guys in portal with 2 or more years of eligibility. Safety is going to be the worst position as far as depth is concerned on this team. But even then like if Patterson is legit and meets his recruiting ranking we're probably okay, and have a guy like Richard who has safety versatility.

Building bridges!

Okay I have a few examples:

Duke W47-10 turned into L45-21
FSU L28-31 4th dwn stop away became L45-3
Pitt W 38-34 TVD outplayed Pickett turned L42-16

Don't get me started on MTSU.

How do you have such a turnaround in one year especially when the key pieces are all still there? Probably has something to do with your next point

Which is Mario's fault...

It's a start.

I'll drink to that
View attachment 288554
Cling to year 0 if you must. Myself, I’m over it. Not really interested in debating who’s the taller midget between coach manny and coach Mario - and I don’t think there really is a debate over program builder manny and program builder Mario.

Like I said in the other thread - he just has to do it, soon.

l’chaim.

Advertisement
A missed FG and a 4th down let down away from actually happening. By the Mario-metric Manny was making program changing progress.
I'm curious of something (& I know I'll instantly regret bothering with this)but why exactly are you supposedly a canes fan when you seem to have a negative take on everything? You know everything going on and you inspire us all to be better.

I'm curious of something (& I know I'll instantly regret bothering with this)but why exactly are you supposedly a canes fan when you seem to have a negative take on everything?
SmartSelect_20240410_190658_Video Player.gif

I have been in love with the canes for the whole life. All it does is break my heart over and over and over. I'm not going to be a blind homer anymore. My heart can't take it. Off-season isn't enough for me to heal anymore. The only thing that can heal my heart is wins.
1000001161.gif

You know everything going on and you inspire us all to be better.

Advertisement
View attachment 288568
I have been in love with the canes for the whole life. All it does is break my heart over and over and over. I'm not going to be a blind homer anymore. My heart can't take it. Off-season isn't enough for me to heal anymore. The only thing that can heal my heart is wins.
View attachment 288570
There is a spectrum from being a homer, being a realist, to being a mope and then past that is where you’re residing.

Advertisement
Maybe, but if anytime you go to the bar you end up blacked out, are people gunna be calling you a drunk even if you rarely go out?

Wait but in this specific context you're responding to me being a slurper as the rare but occasional thing.

Also works with the drinking metaphor.

You'll see it. Let's get up 3-0 on Florida and you'll experience the hardest slurping of your life

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wait but in this specific context you're responding to me being a slurper as the rare but occasional thing.

Also works with the drinking metaphor.

You'll see it. Let's get up 3-0 on Florida and you'll experience the hardest slurping of your life
Nah, cause the point is that when you're moping you go deep. The comparison was saying EVEN IF it was rare for you to do that (it isn't), but you went all the way to the end of the spectrum when you did it (like you do), that would 100% qualify you as a moper, even if some of the times you also slurp. ... I just didn't explain it lol

Nah, cause the point is that when you're moping you go deep. The comparison was saying EVEN IF it was rare for you to do that (it isn't), but you went all the way to the end of the spectrum when you did it (like you do), that would 100% qualify you as a moper, even if some of the times you also slurp. ... I just didn't explain it lol
That’s the kind of **** I think about when I’m high

Advertisement
Back