Only 10 Manny guys remaining on this roster

So if he wins that or more will y'all then give him his credit for building a squad and a future in his image? I would almost bet anything short of #6 people on here will still complain.

Haha you are right some already complained to my post and said 9 wasn’t enough.

9-3 depending on the losses might get you in the back championship or backdoor the playoff. 10 is likely where they need to be though for those goals so we shall see.

He has to win this year cause I don’t see a starting QB on the roster for next year. He will have to hit the portal again so we need Cam to have a monster year and win games to attract another portal QB to bridge the gap to the young guys.

Advertisement
Grades and vectors
QB A+ declining
OL A+ steady
RB A- steady
TE B+ rising
WR B+ rising

DE A- steady
LB B+ rising
DB B-/C+ rising
DT C- rising (B-/C+ with Barrow)

Only gaping hole is DT right now and they’er working on it in the portal with young talent coming in.

9-3 depending on the losses might get you in the back championship or backdoor the playoff. 10 is likely where they need to be though for those goals so we shall see.

He has to win this year cause I don’t see a starting QB on the roster for next year. He will have to hit the portal again so we need Cam to have a monster year and win games to attract another portal QB to bridge the gap to the young guys.

Has to be 10 wins as 9 wins will only match the same number of wins as Lispy over 3 years…..

IMG_3991.gif

Advertisement

I don't think people on here understand how football works. It's not rocket science. The QB position is absolutely pivotal towards the trajectory of your squad. But his role on a squad depends on the pieces you surround him with. If you've got studs at wr, studs at RB & a monster oline his role then becomes far less pivotal. What you need out of a QB in that position is simple consistency. In all our dominant years we've had TWO FLAT OUT DOMINANT QBS. That's Jim Kelly and Vinnie Testaverde. If you're really forcing a narrative you could add a third and say Gino. Everyone else was simple game managers. We didn't ask them to be world beaters. We simply asked them to be leaders,be consistent and don't turn the ball over... The logic people on here have now, they would've hated Bernie kosar,Craig Ericson,Steve Walsh,Dorsey etc. plenty of people on here actually talk **** about Dorsey and say he won because we surrounded him with so much talent. One of the winningest QBs in not only program history, but college football itself. But that same logic apparently doesn't apply to QBs now when we acknowledge were acquiring talent as a whole on an entirely different level than anything we've ever done... Y'all gotta be better. Tyler van dyke would've been a great QB IF HE COULDVE SIMPLY MADE ALL THE EASY THROWS AND NOT TURNED THE BALL OVER. The job of a QB is simply to get the ball into the hands of an offense playmakers. It's crazy that people who ***** air raid air raid cant comprehend that. All an air raid offense is at its core is a west coast offense. A west coast offense is based on getting multiple players in space and making quick reads to get the ball out. Anotherwords high percentage, simple throws. You don't need a world beater for that who can make all the difficult throws as well. Cam is a unicorn because he can make every throw at a pretty good clip all while still being dependable and not turning the ball over. But news flash for y'all. In what people on here say forever they wanna see being a air raid offense both poffenbarger and Emory williams can be good enough for that with poffenbarger being a clear next QB up at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if we do get another QB but it's not a glaring holes by any means and if we do get one more for next season it'll be the last for a minute assuming we keep what we have. Because y'all are literally asking for two separate players at the QB position.

Has to be 10 wins as 9 wins will only match the same number of wins as Lispy over 3 years…..

View attachment 288496
It's not about exceeding or matching his three year win totals. Anyone that understands what they are watching knows this is night and day. Mandy never once made an effort to build a future for this program. His effort would be into the coming years squad. If we go undefeated next year that narrative will still exist. Because who's gonna say now Mario has proven this is different. Now he's got three or 4 more wins in the same duration then Mandy had. Myself I wouldn't give three ***** about that. I care about we win however many games doing it the right way. Building our future the right way. Flipping our culture etc.

I don't think people on here understand how football works. It's not rocket science. The QB position is absolutely pivotal towards the trajectory of your squad. But his role on a squad depends on the pieces you surround him with. If you've got studs at wr, studs at RB & a monster oline his role then becomes far less pivotal. What you need out of a QB in that position is simple consistency. In all our dominant years we've had TWO FLAT OUT DOMINANT QBS. That's Jim Kelly and Vinnie Testaverde. If you're really forcing a narrative you could add a third and say Gino. Everyone else was simple game managers. We didn't ask them to be world beaters. We simply asked them to be leaders,be consistent and don't turn the ball over... The logic people on here have now, they would've hated Bernie kosar,Craig Ericson,Steve Walsh,Dorsey etc. plenty of people on here actually talk **** about Dorsey and say he won because we surrounded him with so much talent. One of the winningest QBs in not only program history, but college football itself. But that same logic apparently doesn't apply to QBs now when we acknowledge were acquiring talent as a whole on an entirely different level than anything we've ever done... Y'all gotta be better. Tyler van dyke would've been a great QB IF HE COULDVE SIMPLY MADE ALL THE EASY THROWS AND NOT TURNED THE BALL OVER. The job of a QB is simply to get the ball into the hands of an offense playmakers. It's crazy that people who ***** air raid air raid cant comprehend that. All an air raid offense is at its core is a west coast offense. A west coast offense is based on getting multiple players in space and making quick reads to get the ball out. Anotherwords high percentage, simple throws. You don't need a world beater for that who can make all the difficult throws as well. Cam is a unicorn because he can make every throw at a pretty good clip all while still being dependable and not turning the ball over. But news flash for y'all. In what people on here say forever they wanna see being a air raid offense both poffenbarger and Emory williams can be good enough for that with poffenbarger being a clear next QB up at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if we do get another QB but it's not a glaring holes by any means and if we do get one more for next season it'll be the last for a minute assuming we keep what we have. Because y'all are literally asking for two separate players at the QB position.

It's a nuanced take that calls for a balance between individual talent and system fit, and it's a reminder that football is a team sport where every player's role is interconnected with the success of the whole squad. Thank you for sharing your insights! 🏈

It's not about exceeding or matching his three year win totals. Anyone that understands what they are watching knows this is night and day. Mandy never once made an effort to build a future for this program. His effort would be into the coming years squad. If we go undefeated next year that narrative will still exist. Because who's gonna say now Mario has proven this is different. Now he's got three or 4 more wins in the same duration then Mandy had. Myself I wouldn't give three ***** about that. I care about we win however many games doing it the right way. Building our future the right way. Flipping our culture etc.

They didn’t fire Mandy because of culture or not building it or winning the right way or not being tough and physical enough. They fired him because his on field results (W-L) sucked.

While I acknowledged that Mario won’t be judged against Mandy’s 3 years (mainly because he’s going to be here atleast twice as long) if he doesn’t atleast match his overall win total with this roster and the resources that he has then he would’ve sucked just the same. No matter how many subjective improvements you want to award him with.

Advertisement
They didn’t fire Mandy because of culture or not building it or winning the right way or not being tough and physical enough. They fired him because his on field results (W-L) sucked.

While I acknowledged that Mario won’t be judged against Mandy’s 3 years (mainly because he’s going to be here atleast twice as long) if he doesn’t atleast match his overall win total with this roster and the resources that he has then he would’ve sucked just the same. No matter how many subjective improvements you want to award him with.
Exactly.

Should we have lost to mtsu and by 50 to fsu and...? No. But it was a poorly coached team without much talent before Cristobal got here. Expecting him to turn Diaz's chicken **** into chicken salad is more of a you problem than it is a UM problem.

No matter what we do this year, short of winning the national title (even then), there will still be people saying "yeah, but remember mtsu." Mario left y'all with enough rope to hang him, and it's squarely up to him to pull it back.

Agree
Should we have lost to mtsu and by 50 to fsu and...? No. But it was a poorly coached team without much talent before Cristobal got here. Expecting him to turn Diaz's chicken **** into chicken salad is more of a you problem than it is a UM problem.
Disagree
No matter what we do this year, short of winning the national title (even then), there will still be people saying "yeah, but remember mtsu."
You bet. And Duke, and Pitt, and GT, and FSU, and... Rutgers I guess.

Mario left y'all with enough rope to hang him, and it's squarely up to him to pull it back.
Nailed it.

It's a nuanced take that calls for a balance between individual talent and system fit, and it's a reminder that football is a team sport where every player's role is interconnected with the success of the whole squad. Thank you for sharing your insights! 🏈

I had almost forgot that's how it works till YOU chose to remind me.

Advertisement
In what world do we win 10 games but not COMPETE in the acc? I'd also like to know what these LOTS OF GLARING HOLES are. If you don't mind indulging me that is. We will be in the playoffs next season. Does that quantify my expectations for the season?
Won't speak for the poster who you quoted, but I'm concerned about our Safeties and Cornerbacks. Unless we make a couple more moves, I'm gonna be concerned if Powell is off the field (or worse, injured) and teams go 4WR on us. Maybe Markeith makes some unexpected leap, I don't know.

I know the coaches see these issues, but our previous DB coach left us in what I'd consider a glaring hole that can't immediately be filled.

***Edit: Nevermind. I should have kept reading the thread. You answer to this in a later post: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/only-10-manny-guys-remaining-on-this-roster.191080/post-7153346

I’ll put my nuts on the line and say if just two things happen, this team wins 11 games. Just two things.

1. Cameron Ward starts and finishes every game
2. We finish in the Top 35 in the country in turnover margin

If both of those things happen, 11-1 incoming.
If those two things happen and we don't win 10-11 games (regular season), we need to talk a long walk off a short cliff.

I'm not going to say much more because I don't want to be identified as a mope.

Advertisement
Cool.

The bulk of the 2022 roster was supremely talented and exhibited habits commensurate with being well-coached throughout their careers? Could've fooled me.

I'll grant you; the staff was an abortion. But I don't know if the ghost of Bear Bryant gets too much more out of that roster (yes, again, enough to beat a directional school - see next point)

You bet. And Duke, and Pitt, and GT, and FSU, and... Rutgers I guess.
11-1, winning the conference and getting a home playoff game would do nothing to mitigate that? Grow up. Put your big boy pants on and start building that bridge.

Nailed it.
Here's to an ACC championship season and him wresting that rope out of your cold, dead fingers.

Why would they? Lol

The majority of the players defecting are from Mario. Lmao.

J Brown - Class of 2022
C Moss - Class of 2022
J Wayne - Class of 2023
K Spencer - Class of 2023
T Citizen - Class of 2022
L Sagapolu - Class of 2022 via Transfer
N Kelly - Class of 2022
H Parrish - Class of 2022 via Transfer
J Burroughs - Class of 2023 via Transfer
J George - Class of 2023 via Transfer
D Brown - Class of 2023 via Transfer
C Acheampong - Class of 2023
J Skinner - Class of 2022
F Ladson - Class of 2022 via Transfer
C Young - Class of 2022

The only guys that Manny recruited & coached that transferred were Chaney, Williams, B. Smith, Harvey, TVD, & Flagg & all of them hit the portal prior to Manny being hired at Duke. Only C. Williams committed recently to a non-P5 school months later, & B Smith was the only one who transferred after Manny was hired, & he wound up going w/ Manny’s OC.

-Chaney committed to UL a week after Diaz hired at Duke
-Harvey committed to SMU a week after Diaz hired at Duke
-TVD committed to Wisky a week after Diaz hired at Duke
-Flagg committed to Missouri 2 weeks after Diaz hired at Duke

C’mon bro. Lol

1714685865302.gif

Advertisement
Back