Cyrus Moss (Is not hurt)(or transferring)

Advertisement
He had a very high rating at .97 which is higher than Bain. Bain will play over him. Usually when players are rated that high they are immediate contributors. Anyway, I hope he gains some serious weight in the offseason and he can help us out next season.

He definitely wasn’t weighing 220 in high school but his elite first step combined with bend ability coming around the edge made him stand out. Good motor too.
Agree he looked about 200 pounds in hs, still think he develops into a beast just going to take some time and patience.

Advertisement
On the looks test alone, I think he's still maybe a year away from contributing regularly, but perhaps he can be a situational guy this year.

I'm not sure that he gets into the regular rotation, which I presume will be Kelly, Harvey, Mesidor, and Chantz (?).
Harvey needs less PT he makes one big play a year, rest of the season he is a ghost

I expect him to be heavy enough to carve out a significant pass rush down role for us this season. In terms of pound fir pound sheer athletic ability, I can’t imagine too many being higher than him on this team. You add that to his 6’5+ frame and raw speed, you gotta get him out there on 3rd downs and cut him loose. I’m glad he doesn’t seem like an impatient kid and trusts Coach Cristobal and the plan that he has for him.

Crucial offseason for him. He’s been at Miami for almost 365 days now. That is plenty of time to put on some weight.

By the spring game he should be noticeably more stout/heavier. If he isn’t I’m going to start getting concerned because some dudes just can’t add weight.

Advertisement
Harvey needs less PT he makes one big play a year, rest of the season he is a ghost

Unfortunately we have nobody else. Chantz and Harvey are - I hate to say it - not very good. We need a solid DE rotational guy from the portal.

Cyrus is good and locked in. His pops said he’s like 230 right now and ready to go for next season. Looking forward to see him in the spring
That is amazing! When I saw him at A&M dude was skinny skinny. Nothing but legs and arms 😂 he almost look like a WR lol

Kid still hasn't found a new home. Probably will end up in Juco or something. I'm kind of surprised. His dad made it seem like other schools were tampering to get him to leave Miami on some spaces.

Advertisement
If gaining weight is a problem for him, why not just go back to safety? which he played in HS correct? Is he THAT slow for the position?

Advertisement
**** how long he been in the portal for?! Not even UNLV (in his hometown) trash asses who can’t recruit 3* guys want him?!! That’s insane!! I’m a Unlv alum & I went down to our practices last summer. Ain’t a kid as athletic as this dude on the squad right now! Maybe he stalled and talked **** about UNLV and that’s why no offer.

Advertisement
Back