MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Define “settled”.

Survivors determined by kal-if-fee

captain-kirk-spock.gif

Advertisement
I did not distort any baseline. He said his belief is the decision is purely about money, not making the fans happy or perception [presumably meaning the perception of joining a weaker conference]. He says his “sources” would know if UM has an invitation to the P2. Then he says UM hasn’t made a decision and reiterates this will be about money.

You would have to be a special kind of stupid to not understand that he’s implying that Big 12 may be offering a competitive financial package and that he thinks UM doesn’t care if fans feel the Big 12 sucks- if it is offering more money, then Flo thinks UM will pick the Big 12. The only way I can explain how the Big 12 could offer more money is if the B1G isn’t offering full shares. If you have a problem with that, then write Flo and tell him you know more than him.

And as @TooColdToHold posted, now Josh Pate is hinting that the Big12 is looking to make a power move and will take a run at Miami. He said exactly what I said- the Big 12 commissioner is the best in the P5. Don’t underestimate him.

I tend to agree that 50% shares in the B1G are still better than full shares in the Big 12. But if the B1G offers less than 50% or the Big 12 somehow offers UM more than full shares , my super controversial opinion is that it’s a tougher choice. This playing out pretty much like I said it would weeks ago.

Macho Man Deal With It GIF
Hey, I'm bored, so I listened to Late Kick Josh. He didn't say "The B12 will take a run at Miami". What he said was "watch out for Brett Yormark and the B12. If he gets the financial backing and the B10 and SEC don't make a move to add ACC teams, imagine if he was able to add a UNC, or FSU or Miami to the B12". Everybody is speculating and nobody knows what will happen. But all indications are that the B10 at the very least WILL add a couple of ACC teams and there is a belief that the SEC, at least in a defensive move, will add a couple. IF UNC is out of consideration due to being a NC political hot potato ... Miami to the B10 odds improve. There was a number thrown out that the ACC conference economic impact on the Charlotte metro area is close to $500-600M per year due to all of the ACC events held there + HQ and salaries etc. "They" want to protect the regional economy.

Hey, I'm bored, so I listened to Late Kick Josh. He didn't say "The B12 will take a run at Miami". What he said was "watch out for Brett Yormark and the B12. If he gets the financial backing and the B10 and SEC don't make a move to add ACC teams, imagine if he was able to add a UNC, or FSU or Miami to the B12". Everybody is speculating and nobody knows what will happen. But all indications are that the B10 at the very least WILL add a couple of ACC teams and there is a belief that the SEC, at least in a defensive move, will add a couple. IF UNC is out of consideration due to being a NC political hot potato ... Miami to the B10 odds improve. There was a number thrown out that the ACC conference economic impact on the Charlotte metro area is close to $500-600M per year due to all of the ACC events held there + HQ and salaries etc. "They" want to protect the regional economy.
ACC = Tobacco Road 🤡

ACC won't add any value once it dissolves. It could still bring meaningful revenue to the area as a 2nd tier conference though.

This is why these things should be done quietly. Had UCLA indicated they were leaving the pressure would have been monumental. As it was it was a **** show after it was announced. However, if the BOT of NC wants to leave, and they can leave, it doesnt matter what the local politicians want, they will leave.
Completely agree. The UC Board of Regents would've tried harder to keep UCLA in the Pac12 if they caught wind earlier. By the time they caught on it was too late and the only thing they could do was force UCLA to pay Cal for the damages they caused by leaving. If UCLA didn't go, Stanford would've jumped at an opportunity to go with USC.

Advertisement
I can't say that I blame them. Good for Miami.

The State of NC is putting a ton of political pressure on UNC to keep them in the ACC. Take them out of the realignment equation for the next go around and that puts Miami as the likely travel partner to the B10 with FSU, and likely at full share, with Clemson and ?? To the SEC. Situation is fluid!!
That makes no $$$$$$$$ sense.

I will add I was among the first to call it on Yormark the Destroyer.

Advertisement
That makes no $$$$$$$$ sense.

I will add I was among the first to call it on Yormark the Destroyer.
Politics at it's finest. Somebody posted that the ACC Conference annual economic impact on the Charlotte metro area is between $500-600 Million dollars ... they don't want to jeopardize that. UNC bails, the ACC collapses, and the mafia dons running the ACC are out of work. And .. all of the ACC tournaments that are held in the area go away with the impact on hotels, restaurants.

Politics at it's finest. Somebody posted that the ACC Conference annual economic impact on the Charlotte metro area is between $500-600 Million dollars ... they don't want to jeopardize that. UNC bails, the ACC collapses, and the mafia dons running the ACC are out of work. And .. all of the ACC tournaments that are held in the area go away with the impact on hotels, restaurants.
OJw4CDbtu0jde.gif

Advertisement
No one else has any real incentive to do so now.

FSU and Clemson are the battering rams.

Let them charge headlong into the breach.

View attachment 289781
No incentive? K.

20 years of mediocrity and our conference going up in flames but sure, no incentive. Wouldn’t surprise me if we are spending similar amounts on attorneys fees behind the scenes.

I am not saying we should or should not sue right now, but to say there is no incentive ignores literally 913 pages.

It never worked out for me waiting to ask out the hot girl so she could reject others first. Clemson must just a bunch of morons then to sue after FSU.

Advertisement
You didn’t answer my question… WHY didnt Clemson sit back and WATCH too?
Ahhh...my bad...I missed it...

I can't say really.

Could be they panicked. Could be they wanted to take a stronger position of "taking charge of our destiny". Could be someone in State Legislature said, "do something, anything, and do it now!".

Miami isn't in same position as Clemson from a variety of measures.

No incentive? K.

20 years of mediocrity and our conference going up in flames but sure, no incentive. Wouldn’t surprise me if we are spending similar amounts on attorneys fees behind the scenes.

I am not saying we should or should not sue right now, but to say there is no incentive ignores literally 913 pages.

It never worked out for me waiting to ask out the hot girl so she could reject others first. Clemson must just a bunch of morons then to sue after FSU.
Have you read the past 913 pages?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No incentive? K.

Don't be the mouse who can't figure out why the others are just staring at that piece of cheese.

You didn’t answer my question… WHY didnt Clemson sit back and WATCH too?
A). Because they are aligned from the Clemson BOT, president and AD, that they want OUT of the ACC and b). Because they most likely have at least one, if not two, P2 invites back channeled. IF they "get out" because of some deal that is partially structured with MEDIA PARTNER involvement, their "deal" will not automatically apply to the other ACC schools and anybody who wants out might very well have to sue as well.

There might be some facts learned though. IF it is confirmed that the ESPN media agreement STATES that the GOR is effective ONLY WHILE AN INSTITUTION IS A MEMBER OF THE CONFERENCE, then it will be known by all that if you leave the ACC you leave with all future media rights in tact. No need to "buy back" anything. You just pay the ACC exit fee, which in the past has been negotiated. So right now we're all waiting for a judge in Florida or SC to rule on the joint Media Agreement / GOR. We have already learned that the media agreement only runs through 2027 and not 2036 as Philips continues to state (lying pos).

FSU is the most advanced in their process while Clemson has a scheduled Arbitration set to initiate in October, if they get that far before some sort of settlement or other action. A lot of dates are out there as having impact:

-May 23 .. date for the NCAA settlement to be announced that might impact schools for as much as $200 million per school
for back pay of NIL to athletes. That MIGHT be a $20M hit per year, for 10 years. Ouch. Further incentive to get into a better
paying conference.

-If FSU announces their immediate Departure from the ACC before the end of June ... membership falls below 15 .... ESPN can enact the composition clause and re-do the ESPN media agreement.

-Through the end of June, 2024, it takes 8 votes to dissolve the ACC.
-July 1, 2024 SMU becomes a member of the ACC.
-August 1, 2024 Stanford and Cal officially become members of the ACC and it takes more votes to dissolve.

So the base question at this point is what is FSU going to do? And how? Was hoping UNC would join the fray but due to State politics that now appears unlikely. Can you imagine any school joining the ACC when any program with any value WANTS OUT? Definition of a cluster ****.

Advertisement
Back