MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

USF is an AAU school. Just sayin'...

Run Away GIF
It would hurt UF bad if USF made it into the B1G

Last edited:
Advertisement
Screenshot-2024-05-16-at-4-49-56-PM.png

Yo, this Dookie goober who filed for the purpose of getting a TRO ain't stopping ****.

"ESPN would be insane to decline its ACC option"

Sure thing buddy.

ESPN could've put a monkey wrench in the FSU/Clemson departure plan by already signing off on its media rights extension for 2027-2036

So why hasn't it happened?

Maybe ESPN's leadership is just fine with the ACC going down the crapper

Ah, yes, it's the same gaping ****** who blocked me on Twatter when I had the unmitigated gall to respond to some of his more ridiculous Twats.

Screenshot-2024-05-16-at-4-49-56-PM.png

Yo, this Dookie goober who filed for the purpose of getting a TRO ain't stopping ****.

"ESPN would be insane to decline its ACC option"

Sure thing buddy.

ESPN could've put a monkey wrench in the FSU/Clemson departure plan by already signing off on its media rights extension for 2027-2036

So why hasn't it happened?

Maybe ESPN's leadership is just fine with the ACC going down the crapper
He is obviously a blundering idiot. The top level programs are worth much more to ESPN in another conference playing much higher quality games drawing drastically higher ratings.

No need to wonder any longer if Feb. 1, 2025 is indeed fish or cut bait time for ESPN and extension of the ACC media rights contract.

From the North Carolina site on 247:

"We're obviously very much aware of the conference realignment dynamics," UNC president Lee Robets said. "There's just a lot in flux. We have litigation pending against the ACC by two member schools. The ESPN television contract has a renewal period coming up in February of next year."

Tick, tick tick ...

Advertisement
Is this guy legit?

"or could even take another FL team."

Good point. If Fox is truly pulling the strings with Big 10 expansion, is it totally outside the realm of possibility that they would push for a state school in a large metropolitan area with the highest enrollment in the entire state of Florida?
Fox owns their own TV stations in Tampa and Orlando as well

There are people I trust that insist SEC is not just a remote possibility and I know they have some actual access as well. Still think it’s extremely unlikely but more likely than big 12 which is never going to happen no matter how many comely octopus (edit - assclown magnet) porsts we get.
We need porsters to start cutting wrasslin promos.

That is if THEY WIN THE LAW SUIT ... no way any law suit will be settled in court by this Summer. From all of the comments from the FSU side they might just take the position that they DO leave with media rights and bail before June 30. Then ... fight any ACC action in court.
Go where!?

No conference will take them until this is settled.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Many here have characterized joining the Big 12 as a death sentence and we should avoid it at all costs. How can you say that is that a viable option? It’s either SEC or B1G for many. SEC isn’t interested. So that means one option. And also this isn’t the conversation we were having 4 weeks ago. That was just pure speculation. Now Flo is confirming what I thought- we weren't being quiet because Rad was playing 4D chess, it was because we didn't have a spot in the B1G and needed to keep all options open. Now the options look like partial shares in the B1G or full shares in the Big 12. It sounds like the UM brass is seriously considering the Big 12, so I'm guessing the pro/cons they are looking at are the same ones I've described.

You can't underestimate elite leadership. Big 12 has all sorts of flexibility- deals with both networks, streaming, etc. that the new commissioner negotiated that the P2 don't have because they are behemoths. If I'm UM, I'd at least hear him out. Maybe he has roadmap to get the Big 12 almost as much money as the B1G- by pulling in the best remaining ACC schools (UM, VT, GT, Louisville, Pitt) and signing streaming deals with Netflix or Amazon to give them exclusive rights to certain games.
Pate alluded to this on tonight’s show. He said people better not sleep on the Big 12 pulling off something big and unexpected. He said the Big 12 commish is sharper than his peers and might be able to put together a financial package that makes them competitive if they can pull a school like Miami and a few others.

Pate alluded to this on tonight’s show. He said people better not sleep on the Big 12 pulling off something big and unexpected. He said the Big 12 commish is sharper than his peers and might be able to put together a financial package that makes them competitive if they can pull a school like Miami and a few others.
The financial package the Big 12 commish offers does not offer the research $ and academic standing that the B1G offers, along with future inclusion in the 2 megaconferences who separate from the NCAA and create their own playoffs and super bowl. The B1G and SEC create the AFC and NFC with their own playoffs and super bowl, and it is coming faster than folks want to admit. They are going to separate from the sorry *** NCAA. Be included or be locked out. Don't be a fool. The Big 12 is absolute fool's gold.

Take the offer now for a 1/2 share now and a full share down the road if that is what is offered by the B1G, which it likely is.. Tell the Big 12 to put it in their pipe and smoke it......it isn't worth risking our future!

Once again..... the Research $ the B1G offers is much bigger than what athletics offers. It truly is funny that folks focus so much on athletics and totally disclude the ramifications on the research and academic side. This private university stands to lose so much in every aspect if they are not included in the Big 2, and more so on the Research/Academic side if it isn't the B1G. Guys need to think not only as an AD. but also a private university president who stand to gain so much as a member of the B1G. This is not only about athletics. Folks are slow if they believe that!

It is so laughable so many folks don't take EVERYTHING into consideration.

Those who are not proactive forward thinkers end up losing in the end. Don't be the loser!

Smart people know that this Big 12 nonsense is only to send a message to the B1G that the U has options to make the B1g make their best offer. Smart people can see which coach is responsible for handing the keys over on a built up program like Oregon and who built it up. Smart people can see that the U is invested and building back up. Smart people can see that financial investment and superior recruiting can eventually trump a coach who isn't elite on game day. Smart folks know what the U can be and are likely offering accordingly.

Last edited:
Look in the mirror when you say that. You use Flo as confirmation and totally distort the baseline he was using.

I did not distort any baseline. He said his belief is the decision is purely about money, not making the fans happy or perception [presumably meaning the perception of joining a weaker conference]. He says his “sources” would know if UM has an invitation to the P2. Then he says UM hasn’t made a decision and reiterates this will be about money.

You would have to be a special kind of stupid to not understand that he’s implying that Big 12 may be offering a competitive financial package and that he thinks UM doesn’t care if fans feel the Big 12 sucks- if it is offering more money, then Flo thinks UM will pick the Big 12. The only way I can explain how the Big 12 could offer more money is if the B1G isn’t offering full shares. If you have a problem with that, then write Flo and tell him you know more than him.

And as @TooColdToHold posted, now Josh Pate is hinting that the Big12 is looking to make a power move and will take a run at Miami. He said exactly what I said- the Big 12 commissioner is the best in the P5. Don’t underestimate him.

I tend to agree that 50% shares in the B1G are still better than full shares in the Big 12. But if the B1G offers less than 50% or the Big 12 somehow offers UM more than full shares , my super controversial opinion is that it’s a tougher choice. This playing out pretty much like I said it would weeks ago.

Macho Man Deal With It GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Josh Pate’s job is to increase visibility/viewership for himself and his company. I like the dude, but he also says things to make people like him. Things he doesn’t believe himself. It would be foolish for him to tell the Big 12 fans how truly ****ed they are in all this realignment business. Hope is easy to sell. We all have purchased our fair share in the last 20 years.

Advertisement
Back