Any one remember the cinematic classic 'Gung Ho'?...

Advertisement
Pardon the error. Empirical Dong, cast your mind back to the exercise bike scene with the weight that fell through the ceiling and tell me you don’t smile.
And on that, Donger was riding HER.

For that 80’s LOL genre, Hughes was the GOAT. And it’s not even close. Some great teen comedy work.

Advertisement
When he opens the door at the end he sounds just like Fred the Elephant Boy. RIP

I loved Fwed from the beginning.
1714485295304.png

Advertisement
I loved Fwed from the beginning.
View attachment 288283
When he crapped his pants on the Subway going to that promotional event that Gary did (and went anyway), I laughed so hard. I actually re-listened to it again recently. He provided a lot of great content. He was on phone-based dating sites - can you imagine dialing in to find your possible relationship match and you hear his recording? 'No head games', lol. Good stuff.

When he crapped his pants on the Subway going to that promotional event that Gary did (and went anyway), I laughed so hard. I actually re-listened to it again recently. He provided a lot of great content. He was on phone-based dating sites - can you imagine dialing in to find your possible relationship match and you hear his recording? 'No head games', lol. Good stuff.

"No head games" was SOOOO classic. That, and his denials that he might be ***/bisexual, when they HAD the phone recordings in his inimitable voice.

And while I realize this is a photoshop, it's still hilarious...

1714497894354.png

Advertisement
"No head games" was SOOOO classic. That, and his denials that he might be ***/bisexual, when they HAD the phone recordings in his inimitable voice.

And while I realize this is a photoshop, it's still hilarious...

View attachment 288303
**** I forgot about his willingness to consider any gender, and subsequent denials. Kind of reminds me of High Pitch. Nice pic. Sad that all those Wack Packers are dead, dying, off the show, or close to their expiration date. Because at it's peak it was quite a thing to have that gaggle of folks orbiting the show.

Fun stroll down memory lane.

K9, you always bring the best stuff. I log on today and I would not have guessed in a million years I'd see a gung ho reference. I loved that effing movie lol.

K9, you always bring the best stuff. I log on today and I would not have guessed in a million years I'd see a gung ho reference. I loved that effing movie lol.

well, that movie had a bunch of Asians, I had to go with that one at a certain point :) :) :) #15000Cars #16and0

Advertisement
I may be in the minority here, pun unintended, but I think Keaton’s Batman films were awful.

But he is talented and under appreciated.

Clean and Sober was where he started showing his dramatic acting chops.

as far as Im concerned, it's right up there with 'Citizen Kane' and 'Gone with the Wind', but anyhoooo, what's happening now with Miami football and Mario Cristobal reminds me of that scene when Hunt Stevenson (played brilliantly by a young Michael Keaton) went up on stage, pounded the lectern and stated, ''15,000 CARS!!"

That would be his promise to the Japanese automakers on behalf of his union brothers.

Well, for Mario its, ''At least double digit wins, and an ACC title with a playoff birth!!!''

Ok, Im gonna work on shortening this up a bit. But you catch my drift. It's clear that the program has put all the chips to the center of the table, they are going all-in on the 2024 season. If Cristobal is the coach we hope/think he is, then the onus should be on him to start delivering the expected results. It's year three, its mostly his roster now. In the age of the transfer portal, you really don't need 5-years to rebuild the way a Butch Davis did.

As George Allen said, ''the future is now.''

We need 15,000 cars.

(By the way, Keaton was absolutely robbed of an Oscar for this performance)

ACC title should be penciled in as the goal, but for a program entering its 21st year as a member of the ACC—with one lowly Coastal Division title and a 38-3 **** beating in their lone ACC Championship game—the "ACC title or bust" thing seems premature.

Even if Miami has "it" on paper with the first string, this roster is still a few sneeze away from disaster if the Canes don't stay healthy.

One double-digit win season since 2004, as well—10-3 n 2017 (where 10-0 was fast 10-3 to end the year.)

Beat Florida. Beat Florida State. Try not to fall to some bozo programs. Exact revenge at Georgia Tech and Louisville.

Make the Top 12 and reach the playoffs, as that should be doable even without winning the ACC, if these guys get it done.

Advertisement
Back