What Are Your Expectations For 2024?

Advertisement
You’re expecting an ACC ship and a CFP home game? Gee, why not demand a natty? I get WANTING those outcomes, but expecting? Given the last 20 years?

My expectations? 10 wins. I don’t care if that means 9-3 and a bowl win. 10 wins likely puts us back into national relevance. 10 regular season wins likely puts us on the ACC championship game.

Oh and beat the Gators. Let’s start with that.
we're the best team in the ACC on paper. We have the same win total as the other favorites in the ACC. And we have the best QB in the ACC which should separate us from the others. Win the ACC and you get a home game in the 1st round of the 12 team CFP.

Quite frankly, the last 20 years don't mean **** when it comes to this team tbh

**** improvement, **** upward trajectory, **** stacking talent. He lost all that going under .500 his first two seasons. Results are needed in 2024.

It’s Year 3 and it’s time to win. This roster (on paper) is arguably the very best in the ACC.

- We have the best QB in the conference and a dark horse Heisman contender
- We have a top 3 RB in the conference and borderline Top 10 in the country
- We have two All-Conference OL, another that’s very good inside in Cooper entering his third year
- We are the only team in the country to have THREE 800+ yard WRs + ample depth options
- We have Arroyo back from injury + returning Riley Williams
- We have a TF All-American at DE and we get Mesidor back + picked up Alston
- We picked up THREE transfer DTs, including out-bagging pretty much everyone for Barrow
- We have a second-team All-ACC LB that tied for the team lead in sacks, we picked up a starting LB from one of the best defenses in the conference, and Wes is entering his third year.

Apart from a few corners and safeties, this team should be a shoe-in for 9 wins with any competent coach running the show. He’s done about 90% humanely possible to bring in players ready to win now. The schedule is probably going to end up being top 25-30 easiest amongst P4 teams.

10 wins, ACC Championship appearance. Win 2/3 at worst vs. UF, Louisville, FSU.

The ACC is the very definition of mid. It’s time to start whooping some mid teams. Show us what you got Mario, you’ve got all the toys you need. Now it’s time to win.
dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

This is correct

Advertisement
10 wins regardless of injuries. Mario has had a chance to build this roster including depth for injuries like everybody has to deal with. I expect him to win games even if Cam gets hurt and he has to adjust his game plan for the backup QB. Time to earn his money as head COACH (not talent acquisition manager).

10 Win Reg Season. Anything less and it is an absolute and utter failure. No hiding for Mario this year. Likely the most talented QB we've had here in I can't even remember how long, a top of the conference OL, top 15 WR unit nationally, top 10 RB in the country, a good/great front 7 on D, and I may be alone in this, but a sneaky talented, though unproven, DB group if we can have Meesh playing S and we get one of the young guys to step up.

We'll be the most talented offense in every game we play this season IMO and Mario and Dawson would have to actively try to mess this offense up for it to not be over 30 points per game. If the defense can give us what it did last year, we should hit 10 wins no questions asked. If we can somehow mess around and win 11, that's a a guaranteed top 12 spot and a playoff team.

Pretty much the same as everyone else. Get us 10 wins regular season.

IMO, I'm not going to focus on the individual opponents, just the season out come of 10 wins (regular season).

I'd rather beat UF and FSU than not, but that would also mean we dropped a game we shouldn't in that scenario.

So whether we go 10-2 and we beat UF/FSU but we lose to Cal and GT. Or we lose to UF/FSU and run the table against everyone else, just give us 10 wins for **** sake this year.

10 wins will put us on a upwards trajectory, similar to Texas last year. We will be able to still recruit nationally and bring in impact transfers.

If there's a letdown this year, it will be hard to bring in top transfer QB's and top 5 recruiting classes moving forward. At some point kids want to see results.

Advertisement
we're the best team in the ACC on paper. We have the same win total as the other favorites in the ACC. And we have the best QB in the ACC which should separate us from the others. Win the ACC and you get a home game in the 1st round of the 12 team CFP.

Quite frankly, the last 20 years don't mean **** when it comes to this team tbh
I didn't say the last 20 years have to do with the team. I said it had to do with the expectations. Quite frankly, the last 20 years DO mean **** when it comes to EXPECTATIONS. FSU has owned us the last few years. Now that doesn't count because we got Cam Ward and some other players in the portal? I've heard this "on paper" sheeit for the last 20 years. I've heard "We're Back!" after the ND game only to fizzle out. We're good on paper now, so we just disregard the last 20 years. Cool. Awesome logic.

There's also a difference between wanting and expecting, which I mentioned in my previous comment. The folks who EXPECT to win the ACC and host a playoff game are setting themselves up to be angry, which would be incredibly stupid if we end the year 10-3 because 10-3 would tie our best season over the past 20+. You want to expect what you wrote, that's fine. You can pay for the "Fire Mario" banner to fly around Hard Rock with the other guys on here who scream "unacceptable" to anything less than a natty.

Barring an extended injury to Cam Ward or multiple other key players being out for significant time, I expect 9-10 regular season wins, a top 15 ranking, and possibly in the ACC Championship game (depending on whether Clemson, FSU, and/or Louisville have great years).

Advertisement
10 regular season wins.

Whatever happens after that is a bonus.

Anything that happens less that that is a failure.

I would love to throw beating the gator and fsu into this, because I really do expect that. But no matter what happens with each individual game, as long as we win 10 of them in the regular year, it’s definite progress and it will definitely still leave the door open that this staff/program can start to compete annually for championships very soon.
Same page

Get me to playoffs. 10+ does that imho.

Same page

Get me to playoffs. 10+ does that imho.

Probably. Maybe. But if we make the playoffs, great. If we go 10-2 and somehow miss the ACCCG and don’t, whatever. Just win 10. I always have been a Jimmy’s and Joe’s > X’s and O’s guy at this level. But you can’t be a complete negative in the coaching department and still win. You have to at least be competent. If this staff is competent, with this combination of roster and putrid schedule, 10 should be attainable. If not, I don’t know how you can have much faith that even more upticks in talent would equal a national championship.

IMO this isn’t the ceiling roster for Mario. So I don’t expect a ceiling result. But this should be good enough to win 10.

Advertisement
Probably. Maybe. But if we make the playoffs, great. If we go 10-2 and somehow miss the ACCCG and don’t, whatever. Just win 10. I always have been a Jimmy’s and Joe’s > X’s and O’s guy at this level. But you can’t be a complete negative in the coaching department and still win. You have to at least be competent. If this staff is competent, with this combination of roster and putrid schedule, 10 should be attainable. If not, I don’t know how you can have much faith that even more upticks in talent would equal a national championship.

IMO this isn’t the ceiling roster for Mario. So I don’t expect a ceiling result. But this should be good enough to win 10.
Very fair.

I don't think this is the ceiling either having said that we beat UF and we should be 6 and 0 rolling into the tougher games on this schedule.

Every year I get suckered into believing we are going to the ACC Championship (because we should) and I end up being greatly disappointed.

This is the first year that I have absolutely no expectations. I hear all the chatter about Cam Ward and some of our additions, but something is still missing. Maybe its that aside from Ward and Bain there are no proven "Superstars," but I just feel we aren't at the elite level and we tend to play quite a bit below our level. So if its like any other time I expect another 6-9 win season.

But truly I am going into it with no expectations and hoping for the best, chearing them on, and watching every second of every game regardless of our record

Advertisement
Back