Off-Topic Supplements

Do yall keep up with your bloodwork?

As much **** as I talk I’ve never actually done any PEDs and don’t really have any risk factors other than loving bourbon

Anyway I had a funny conversation today when I got my blood work back. My BUN levels are kinda high and if you don’t know about bloodwork that can be caused by a high protein diet

View attachment 286574

My response was:

View attachment 286575
I said the same, but about triglycerides and cholesterol.

Advertisement
I said the same, but about triglycerides and cholesterol.
It’s good that there’s more information for people out there looking at these numbers in a vacuum

Creatinine levels are another one misunderstood when people workout a lot and eat a certain diet

It’s why Creatine was always believed to be so dangerous for your kidneys

The headline neglects to tell you that it can also slow the progression of heart disease.

The headline neglects to tell you that it can also slow the progression of heart disease.

Not a double-blind study. Oh, and there’s also this…​

COI STATEMENT​

All authors have completed the ICMJE uniform disclosure form at www.icmje.org/disclosure-of-interest/ and declare: support from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for the submitted work; no financial relationships with any organisations that might have an interest in the submitted work in the previous three years; no other relationships or activities that could appear to have influenced the submitted work.

Advertisement

Not a double-blind study. Oh, and there’s also this…​

COI STATEMENT​

All authors have completed the ICMJE uniform disclosure form at www.icmje.org/disclosure-of-interest/ and declare: support from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for the submitted work; no financial relationships with any organisations that might have an interest in the submitted work in the previous three years; no other relationships or activities that could appear to have influenced the submitted work.

Not to pick it apart, but the fish oil users were very obviously already taking the fish oil for a reason and while they claim to have accounted for "smoking status, alcohol consumption, obesity, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic renal failure, and use of statins, antidiabetic drugs, and antihypertensive drugs", one of the common reasons is hyperlipidemia and that got ignored. The study is worth noting, but the salacious headline is misleading at best.

Advertisement
Back