Konnor Near, LB - Ferris State - Commits to OU

@RaisingCane26
Nope! Nuh uh!

Season 22 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Take some time off to reflect on what you've done.

Let Me Out Television GIF by GritTV

@JHallCanes Thanks for being vigilant
bell-of.gif

Advertisement
So Konnor is not Near. Got it.

Smell Stink GIF by Texas Archive of the Moving Image

woooof. @RaisingCane26 That one really cleared the room

@JHallCanes Good eye brother. Ive been off the boards for the most part this winter but as I start weaving CIS into my daily life again, Im noticing the jokes havent gotten much better in the offseason.

@JamesQuall You'll never be unemployed with this group. Sounds like your services are still very much needed around here.

I high on Wes but since when is he “proven”?

It's a matter of opinion. What category would you put him in? Certainly not a JAG. Not really unproven as he's logged a bunch of snaps at the end of last year and produce pretty well even in a terrible defense.

It's a matter of opinion. What category would you put him in? Certainly not a JAG. Not really unproven as he's logged a bunch of snaps at the end of last year and produce pretty well even in a terrible defense.

I personally would put him down as unproven. Kid has a lot of talent. But I didn't see him playing at a high level last season, and the discussion during the Spring camp was he wasn't ready to be an every down starter yet.

So we have Mauigoa + a whole bunch of question marks. Been down that road before. Question marks usually end up being gaps.

Advertisement
Good I wasn’t a big fan anyway. Especially considering that if he couldn’t make the jump we would be stuck with him for multiple years. Now in fairness to him, if my evaluation track holds it means he’s probably in line for a Gold Jacket.

I personally would put him down as unproven. Kid has a lot of talent. But I didn't see him playing at a high level last season, and the discussion during the Spring camp was he wasn't ready to be an every down starter yet.

So we have Mauigoa + a whole bunch of question marks. Been down that road before. Question marks usually end up being gaps.

That's fair. I had not heard the spring evaluation on Wes until then. There's a lot of gaps unfortunately that's needed to be filled.

Guidry's defense requires two traditional LB's. I would say we have two proven guys. I'll agree that proven depth is absolute razor thin.

P

I read that in Guidry D that a traditional Sam is on the field almost 30% time ( far more than we played last year)

I can't really blame the young man. Getting to play for BV is as good as it gets in college.

Advertisement
Not a good sign when he posts every offer on his timeline and nothing from Miami

Did we ever offer him?

they gotta get there feet wet? Sooner or later we have to see what popo, Bryant, pulliam, bobby, chase if he can get healthy, wes can do!

Later please. Only freshman I'm sold on as a starter is Mauigoa, possibly Bain. Ray Ray, the RBs, the LBs will definitely get their licks in. But starting? Need grown *** men out there manning midfield at LB. ... Chase if healthy, sure. Wes if ready, sure. But right now, Francis is snow white and the rest are the seven dwarves.

Advertisement
Later please. Only freshman I'm sold on as a starter is Mauigoa, possibly Bain. Ray Ray, the RBs, the LBs will definitely get their licks in. But starting? Need grown *** men out there manning midfield at LB. ... Chase if healthy, sure. Wes if ready, sure. But right now, Francis is snow white and the rest are the seven dwarves.
Oh I must of missed the starting part of the post! With that being said I agree.

Advertisement
Oh I must of missed the starting part of the post! With that being said I agree.

I'm with you on playing these guys early and often. So much talent there, someone's got to emerge. But can't rely on any of them to be quality starters yet. So plan for the worst, hope for the best.

I'm with you on playing these guys early and often. So much talent there, someone's got to emerge. But can't rely on any of them to be quality starters yet. So plan for the worst, hope for the best.
I think we try to salvage this year with tvd! Then, we go with the youth movement next year.

Advertisement
Back