Deepest QB draft in recent history - where does that leave TVD/Miami?

Advertisement
tvd got size and got an arm. the former is a good thing in this day and age where often the best qb ability is availability as in not on IR.

those things should make an nfl gm think long and had before passing on him esp cuz a lot of other guys on that list don't have both

it wouldn't shock me if tvd has as good a career as any other guy in this draft

Last edited:
Gattis didn't run a system, so I wouldn’t label it as pro. The point I was making is the NFL frowns upon Air Raid QBs and if thats the label TVD gets he will have hard time breaking it. He will have at least 3-4 big-time opportunities to change the narrative this season.
I think he can run any system less those that rely on the QB to be a main component of the run game.

Because Travis doesn't have an NFL future and TVD likely does.

And Travis hasn't already seen his market value plummet like Tyler did last year. If he gets a good enough grade he is probably gone. I'm sure we are already looking at transfer options

Advertisement
This will be a fun thread to revisit in a couple years. At least what remains after the deleted and edited posts

Advertisement
It's not like he's Patchen. Right now, he's only 22. Academically, he's a senior. That's normal. Next year, he'll only be older. I don't 1 year makes a difference.
It does when you're an NFL QB. That's 1 less year of earnings in what is already a super small career earning window.

4 games in I dont think TVD is in that group yet. Lucky for him UNC, Clemson, FSU and maybe even Louisville will be primetime opportunities for him to let it hang. If he can show up in those games this list will look different. He won't pass the top 2 (3*imo) but he certainly could move into the top 5. His biggest problem is he has almost a full year of bad tape on film.

And what does Quentin Richardson have?

Advertisement
Who knows how this season will end, but things are looking bright!

Next season the playoffs will expand to 12 teams and we would have a really good shot at making it in if TVD decides to return.

Hopefully, that’s one of the important factors for him returning.

Advertisement
The NFL is a quarterback-starved league. When plenty of teams are dying for talent or an upgrade, it's tempting to oversell draft picks.
That's not an answer to my question as to why he's rated 6th best. There are plenty of QBs that are better including TVD. Per OP's post, this is the deepest QB class. Again, why is he #6?

If Kirk Cousins would sign another 1-year contract, Minnesota would be an example of a good place for TVD to settle in to the NFL.
Thats one of my comps for tvd lol, him and derek carr but thats a ceiling comp those usually dont come true but we’ll see

It does when you're an NFL QB. That's 1 less year of earnings in what is already a super small career earning window.
I can agree with that.

I was mostly commenting from the perspective of NFL general manager evaluating his draft position. I don't think that being 1 year older would lower him in the draft (all else being equal).

Advertisement
Back