5* S Tyreke Johnson in portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
He was an early enrollee back in 2018, but never started a game and has 8 total tackles in his career. Granted, Ohio State always has a very talented secondary and he redshirted, but still, absolutely no production. It looks like he was going to get passed up by underclassmen and decided to bounce. He should give Deion at Jackson State a call because I'm not even sure if USF or UCF would give him a scholarship.

Queue half the board saying we need to get him despite safety being the most talented position on the team?

Don't act like we don't have 4 starting safeties in our base defense. FS/SS/WLB/Striker

Duh you take that bytch if he's worth a flip.

Edit: I believe he will have two years of eligibility left. RS Junior, per OSU's website.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't act like we don't have 4 starting safeties in our base defense. FS/SS/WLB/Striker

Duh you take that bytch if he's worth a flip.

Not my point. My point is that the second someone enters the portal half of CIS is screaming how bad we need to get them regardless of what the depth/talent on the roster looks like.

But yes, I did think we need athletic dudes like that in the LB corps. However, if 191 lbs is right, it's not him.

Not my point. My point is that the second someone enters the portal half of CIS is screaming how bad we need to get them regardless of what the depth/talent on the roster looks like.

But yes, I did think we need athletic dudes like that in the LB corps. However, if 191 lbs is right, it's not him.

I see your point, definitely agreed.

And yeah, at 191, he could only play true safety for us. And at that point, no.

Advertisement
I see your point, definitely agreed.

And yeah, at 191, he could only play true safety for us. And at that point, no.

Exactly. Then what? You move Gurvan to LB? No thanks. Nor either of the Williams (yet, though James maybe a few years down the line). I'd much prefer the roster spot for an athletic, upperclassman, true MLB playing around 225.

Advertisement
Another Florida kid who took the money and ran and never saw the field. **** him.

This is a fair take, but how do you feel about having Tyrique?

I'm of the opinion, at least for now, if you spurn us, you missed your chance, no matter how bad we need the position or how good the player is. We need to send a message to the local kids that if you're not with us, you're against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back