RB Damien Martinez transfers to Miami

View as article
This dude had 744yds AFTER contact, which accounts for 62.7% of his rushing yards. Plus was 14th in broken/missed tackles.

Unless Dawson & Mario figure out a way to concoct the biggest fck up of all-time; having Killa Cam the General at QB, with Damian Martinez at RB, with Sam Brown, J George & XR at WR, with Elijah Arroyo & Riley Williams at TE, this Offense can really be very very versatile & dynamic. It's a pick your poison special & this Inland Taipan quality venom.

Behind this OLine, wtf are you going to stop??? Go ahead & load the box dumb DC, Cam is going kidnap your DB's & holder for ransom. Ohh, you wanna drop 7 in coverage & sit back in Zone, no problem, Damian is coming to do a home invasion on your LB's & bludgeon them blunt-force objects. Now you wanna get exocitc & force pressure on the outside to make Cam slide in the pocket, no problem at all, XR & Arroyo will be taking your Slots & Safeties on a high speed chase down the seams...

The more film I've been watching of our Offensive additions, the more I try to figure out what ways can they mess this up. And IMHO, I haven’t found more than 1, which is scary.

So in other words, this Offense can be LETHAL!
This is exactly how I feel. I just don’t see if everyone is healthy for this game how UF limits them given that defense was historically bad and really if you look at what they added in terms of who will really play it’s a backup DT in the Ivy League kid, a likely starting LB in Pup Howard who hasn’t shown a thing to this point, I guess in theory a starting safety in Asa from Washington but even then I don’t know if that’s a lock, and a bunch of upside CBs who haven’t shown a thing or looked horrendous when they did play. Same DC same scheme same lack of a pass rush and two of their best players on defense Shemar James and Devin Moore haven’t shown they can stay healthy whatsoever.

Advertisement
I haven’t watched this guy at all, so I was literally about to @ you to ask what separates him from someone like Parish who had a similar YPC. But I think you answered my question in your first sentence.
I'm no RB expert, so you'd do better to ask @bshaw28 questions concerning the RB.

But I would say, Parrish & Martinez both have very good vision, which will gain them a lot more yards on average than most RB's, simply because they see the hole/running lanes so much faster & can get you an easy 5-6yds on any given carry.

The difference, is mainly style of running. Parrish wasn't a tough in between the tackles style of runner, he's more finesse & had his best runs when he was able to bounce outside after making an initial cut. Martinez is a downhill bulldozer who seeks out contact. He can bounce outside as well, but he's primarily looking to get to the 2nd level of the Defense, lower his shoulder & run through your chest.

Neither one is all that fast, I'd say they're both in the mid 4.5- 4.6 range, but for RB's speed isn't necessarily as important as it is at CB & WR. It certainly helps & you'd prefer a fast RB over a slow one, but there's plenty of RB's who aren't really blazers that are still very productive & effective.

Last edited:
This dude had 744yds AFTER contact, which accounts for 62.7% of his rushing yards. Plus was 14th in broken/missed tackles.

Unless Dawson & Mario figure out a way to concoct the biggest fck up of all-time; having Killa Cam the General at QB, with Damian Martinez at RB, with Sam Brown, J George & XR at WR, with Elijah Arroyo & Riley Williams at TE, this Offense can really be very very versatile & dynamic. It's a pick your poison special & this is Inland Taipan quality venom.

Behind this OLine, wtf are you going to stop??? Go ahead & load the box dumb DC, Cam is going kidnap your DB's & hold'em for ransom. Ohh, you wanna drop 7 in coverage & sit back in Zone, no problem, Damian is coming to do a home invasion on your LB's & bludgeon them blunt-force objects. Now you wanna get exocitc & force pressure on the outside to make Cam slide in the pocket, no problem at all, XR & Arroyo will be taking your Slots & Safeties on a high speed chase down the seams...

The more film I've been watching of our Offensive additions, the more I try to figure out what ways can they mess this up. And IMHO, I haven’t found more than 1, which is scary.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

I'm no RB expert, so you'd do better to ask @bshaw28 questions concerning the RB.

But I would say, Parrish & Martinez both have very good vision, which will gain them a lot more yards on average than most RB's, simply because they see the hole/running lanes so much faster & can get you an easy 5-6yds on an given carry.

The difference, is mainly style of running. Parrish wasn't a tough in between the tackles style of runner, he's more finesse & had his best runs when he was able to bounce outside after making an initial cut. Martinez is a downhill bulldozer who seeks out contact. He can bounce outside as well, but he's primarily looking to get to the 2nd level of the Defense, lower his shoulder & run through your chest.

Neither one is all that fast, I'd say they're both in the mid 4.5- 4.6 range, but for RB's speed isn't necessarily as important as it is at CB & WR. It certainly helps & you'd prefer a fast RB over a slow one, but there's plenty of RB's who aren't really blazers that are still very productive & effective.
Spongebob Squarepants Ngapa GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

Unless Dawson & Mario figure out a way to concoct the biggest fck up of all-time; having Killa Cam the General at QB, with Damian Martinez at RB, with Sam Brown, J George & XR at WR, with Elijah Arroyo & Riley Williams at TE, this Offense can really be very very versatile & dynamic. It's a pick your poison special & this is Inland Taipan quality venom.

Behind this OLine, wtf are you going to stop??? Go ahead & load the box dumb DC, Cam is going kidnap your DB's & hold'em for ransom. Ohh, you wanna drop 7 in coverage & sit back in Zone, no problem, Damian is coming to do a home invasion on your LB's & bludgeon them blunt-force objects. Now you wanna get exocitc & force pressure on the outside to make Cam slide in the pocket, no problem at all, XR & Arroyo will be taking your Slots & Safeties on a high speed chase down the seams...

I see the opening ✍🏼😎🙌🏼

Advertisement

I came to same realization a couple weeks ago when I saw such low standards for offense being put out to protect Mario. When u really sit there and break things down it makes absolutely no sense not to expect top 10 offense. Last year for half the season we were over 500 yards then had turnover bug.. and we're max protecting on drop 8.

-We have a QB who I think with weapons and protection will, experience, and NFL dreams will shatter our record books with a Heisman invite level campaign.

OLine who have good run numbers and to me need to prove they don't need help max protecting against 3 man rush but vet group and had good numbers wit protection.

Three wr who have over 800+ yards, think that's only group in nation or very small handful. With a te that has flashed NFL talent and is now fully healthy.

One of things I think push numbers in high 30s towards 40 point range is the young depth.. a tired defense tryna save face after getting smashed by our starters will have to contend with. You have guys like Carr, Ray Ray, Lyle's, CJ Johnson, Jojo, etc tryna eat.. I would imagine we get some 4th qtr explosive just off that

I came to same realization a couple weeks ago when I saw such low standards for offense being put out to protect Mario. When u really sit there and break things down it makes absolutely no sense not to expect top 10 offense. Last year for half the season we were over 500 yards then had turnover bug.. and we're max protecting on drop 8.

-We have a QB who I think with weapons and protection will, experience, and NFL dreams will shatter our record books with a Heisman invite level campaign.

OLine who have good run numbers and to me need to prove they don't need help max protecting against 3 man rush but vet group and had good numbers wit protection.

Three wr who have over 800+ yards, think that's only group in nation or very small handful. With a te that has flashed NFL talent and is now fully healthy.

One of things I think push numbers in high 30s towards 40 point range is the young depth.. a tired defense tryna save face after getting smashed by our starters will have to contend with. You have guys like Carr, Ray Ray, Lyle's, CJ Johnson, Jojo, etc tryna eat.. I would imagine we get some 4th qtr explosive just off that
Spot on

Statistically our offense made huge strides last year with, according to this board, the Antichrist at QB, a running back that’s never broken a tackle, and a WR that apparently had more 15 yard penalties than catches

We just replaced that with arguably the best QB, best RB, and one of the top WR in the portal

I’m not too keen on putting a number on things as far as points and rankings but I just know how I expect us to look on offense. Watching enough college football over the years you never can predict every Saturday, but in general we should be dominant

Taipan quality venom!!!
Gold!!!

That YAC is crazy

Also highlights how much teams were stacking the box against OSU to make DJ beat them. Martinez should ball tf out behind our OL with our passing game.

Advertisement

I've sat back and read peoples takes and no one has comprehended how much of. A beast this kid is as a back. Our line with his tough running combined with Cams ability to make you pay on all levels of the field... We haven't seen an offense with this kind of potential since you know when. IF we stay healthy this year, this offense will be unstoppable. It takes a lot of pressure off a young defense especially up front and allows us to be more aggressive. This season should be special. All the **** talkers ON HERE will find a way to nag though I'm sure.

I've sat back and read peoples takes and no one has comprehended how much of. A beast this kid is as a back. Our line with his tough running combined with Cams ability to make you pay on all levels of the field... We haven't seen an offense with this kind of potential since you know when. IF we stay healthy this year, this offense will be unstoppable. It takes a lot of pressure off a young defense especially up front and allows us to be more aggressive. This season should be special. All the **** talkers ON HERE will find a way to nag though I'm sure.
It’s the combination of the YAC and how our OL gave our backs last year significant breathing room before contact. IIRC we were one of the top OLs giving backs yards before contact

No need to beat a dead horse but too often our backs were one missed or broken tackle away from a huge play and it didn’t happen

This has the potential to be a historic Miami offense

When you talk like this, you make some of us excited…

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the best thing for Johnson is a back like Martinez. Change of direction, different style and tempo. One can dream. We've got some fantastic pieces . It's nice.

You haven't been on the board long enough.

When we got D'Eriq King & Rhett Lashlee I would've been considered a "Sunshine pumping slurper" by most.
Been on the board since... it's my second account, so it's four years I think.

Awkward Dance GIF by MOODMAN

This post deserves one of your favorites

Advertisement
Back