Jonathan Denis to portal

Advertisement
No one has to leave. Be adults and duel at dawn
oS8pRFxbD0d44.gif

Mario brought him after already knowing how bad he sucked at Oregon.
OR...

He saw what was in the cup board when he arrived at Miami and said, "Let me bring Denis because he's a good kid and he sucks less donkey balls than what we've got up in this *****nizzle foshizzle* right now..."

*trying to make my porsts sound edgy and in touch with the younger members....how am I doing?

OR...

He saw what was in the cup board when he arrived at Miami and said, "Let me bring Denis because he's a good kid and he sucks less donkey balls than what we've got up in this *****nizzle foshizzle* right now..."

*trying to make my porsts sound edgy and in touch with the younger members....how am I doing?
Dennis couldn’t beat out any of Manny’s players. He only played due to injury and was catastrophic at center for two games. The only player worse than him was the other guy Mario brought from Oregon.

Has any coach ever brought less talent from his old job? We got one lineman who never played and entered the portal. Another linemen who played a little and was terrible and entered the portal and a 48 year old tight end that everyone wishes would enter the portal.

Advertisement
Dennis couldn’t beat out any of Manny’s players. He only played due to injury and was catastrophic at center for two games. The only player worse than him was the other guy Mario brought from Oregon.

Has any coach ever brought less talent from his old job? We got one lineman who never played and entered the portal. Another linemen who played a little and was terrible and entered the portal and a 48 year old tight end that everyone wishes would enter the portal.
well it depends on which side you are asking but ill answer (likely) for both:

Sunshine pumpers: Mario is such a good guy he was not going to poach his old team and leave them with nothing, relationships matter and he was not dragging kids across the country so he took kids that likely would not have played at Oregon either but are high character, high work ethic and "culture" guys to help set the standard of work ethic Mario wants even if they are not talented enough to play

Mopes: No coach has ever not brought or at least tried to bring his top players, the fact they didnt follow Mario show a broken culture at Oregon, he lost to Utah twice, FSU got Coleman, he didnt kneel, and his portal recruiting sucks and he keeps replacing his HS croots with lower ranked portal guys.

Denis definitely came at a time when we were downright desperate for bodies. So respect to him. And Zion will probably go down as the 2nd most unluckiest player in UM history behind Rusty Medaris. Guy went from 1st round mock draft OT to literally having to retire from football altogether. And he came in as a 1* recruit that had to start as a TF at OT. Would have been a great story. Just wasnt in the cards.

Well said. Anyone criticizing Denis and Sagapolu has forgotten how bad our offensive line really was. I wasn’t upset at Mario for bringing them in at all. I just wish he had had more time to focus on the portal that first off-season. But we needed those guys at the time.

Zion … smh … We need a spot so I’m hoping he will either medically retire and stick with the team, or gracefully exit when he finishes up his coursework next month or over the summer. But the guy was a warrior for us.

Well said. Anyone criticizing Denis and Sagapolu has forgotten how bad our offensive line really was. I wasn’t upset at Mario for bringing them in at all. I just wish he had had more time to focus on the portal that first off-season. But we needed those guys at the time.

Zion … smh … We need a spot so I’m hoping he will either medically retire and stick with the team, or gracefully exit when he finishes up his coursework next month or over the summer. But the guy was a warrior for us.
Yeah. Sagapolu played a decent amount of snaps in 2022 because our OL depth was horrendous. He provided some value that year. In 2023, our OL improved drastically and Sagapolu didn't really have a role any longer.

Advertisement
well it depends on which side you are asking but ill answer (likely) for both:

Sunshine pumpers: Mario is such a good guy he was not going to poach his old team and leave them with nothing, relationships matter and he was not dragging kids across the country so he took kids that likely would not have played at Oregon either but are high character, high work ethic and "culture" guys to help set the standard of work ethic Mario wants even if they are not talented enough to play

Mopes: No coach has ever not brought or at least tried to bring his top players, the fact they didnt follow Mario show a broken culture at Oregon, he lost to Utah twice, FSU got Coleman, he didnt kneel, and his portal recruiting sucks and he keeps replacing his HS croots with lower ranked portal guys.

Rebuttal to the first perspective:

But, Benson though...

Advertisement
Back