Help on GA TECH away game

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
Never been to a regular away game out of state.

Seeing round trip air for 95$.

Any guess on ticket prices through the school assuming sitting in UM section vs. stub hub?

Is there a special tailgate for out of towners? Cost?

Ease of parking for the game?

Anything else?

Thanks.

Advertisement

Any guess on ticket prices through the school assuming sitting in UM section vs. stub hub?

Anything else?

Thanks.

GT is a great away game! With all that live in ATL will be plenty of tailgates. Usually someone from a certain tailgate group will post group ticket info. Last game there we had lower end zone seats.

Where will you be staying? I usually stay Downtown and take MARTA up.

GT is a great away game! With all that live in ATL will be plenty of tailgates. Usually someone from a certain tailgate group will post group ticket info. Last game there we had lower end zone seats.

Where will you be staying? I usually stay Downtown and take MARTA up.
My cousin lives in Dacula. Hour out.

Anything else?

Thanks.

Its easier to Uber or take the MARTA in rather than trying to find and pay for partking depenidng on where you decide to stay.

Have been there twice. Stay in mid-town. Can take MARTA right from the airport to hotel and it’s safer than downtown.

Advertisement

Anything else?

Thanks.

For that airfare, book the flight and worry about the details later.

School pricing is very cheap. The stadium is not huge, and where they put us 2 years ago were still very fun seats relatively close to the field (end zone and corner, though).

I wouldn't worry if you have to StubHub it either, I don't think that GaTech will be so good that this will be a hot ticket. Maybe if they beat F$U in Ireland, though?

Check out CanesUnited, they will do a tailgate, I am certain of that. Two years ago, it was on the east side I-75/85, and there is a tunnel that goes underneath the interstate and pops out by the north end of the stadium. Should be plenty of parking east of the interstate.

Depending on what shakes out, I may work on organizing something. I need to see what the alumni association is doing too. We had a get-together at The Battery (right outside of the Braves stadium). If we end up having a night game, I'll try to organize something early (brunch-ish) that precedes the tailgate times. I've got a spot in mind, I think folks would enjoy it.

From Dacula you are about 30m drive from Doraville Marta station which is the end of the line. I would uber to that station and then take Marta to the North Avenue station. At that point you are close to the stadium, tailgates, etc...Depending on tailgate location Midtown station might be closer. But both are very close to each other.

You'll have no problem getting into the game through secondary market

Advertisement
Tickets are the least of your critical planning issues. Transportation, hotel location, dining, transports to the game. Tickets will be available every where ... Vivid seats, Stubbier hub, UM. No problem.

Tickets are the least of your critical planning issues. Transportation, hotel location, dining, transports to the game. Tickets will be available every where ... Vivid seats, Stubbier hub, UM. No problem.

Exactly. If you can get to the ATL for $95, you do it, especially when you have free lodging in Dacula.

****, 2 years ago, the CanesUnited tailgate had a bunch of no-show tickets that they were almost trying to give away.

And I didn't capitalize any words for emphasis, to make @Ispyin happy...

Advertisement
Tickets went on sale Wednesday from ga tech athletics. Course its their homecoming so tickets little more expensive but canes section is 129 and 128 . Always a good and fun miami crowd !!

Advertisement
Tickets went on sale Wednesday from ga tech athletics. Course its their homecoming so tickets little more expensive but canes section is 129 and 128 . Always a good and fun miami crowd !!

Fairly certain that they are giving us 130 and 131 as well. Had a lot of friends in those seats 2 years ago.

They are currently renovating along the entire "away" sidelines. A big section of Techwood Drive is closed (the northern part, by Bobby Dodd Way).

Advertisement
Back