MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I don’t SEE it. We’re going to run teams THROUGH the gauntlet? No more UNDEFEATED teams? Vandy, Miss State, Rutgers provide the cupcake WINS to have 12-0, 11-1 teams. Same way we schedule OOC games we know we will WIN. instead we want 9-3 NAT teams?
Actually, there is the argument that playing against better opponents makes you better...

Advertisement
It’s gonna happen unless those programs catch up. Northwestern is building a new state of the art stadium because they’re aware of the heightened expectations placed on them. Indiana is investing more into football as well. Their actions indicate that this isn’t mere conjecture, it’s shape up or ship out eventually.

Yes, there are one or two exceptions. Then there is Minnesota.

In an ideal world, the most efficient way for conferences to put out their product is to leverage the 4-5 time slots per week along with market preferences for matchups. My guess is you have 6 or 7 matchups each week that generate the maximum level of viewership. Anything beyond that is diluting the product. And you need to ensure the matchups are all premier teams. Indiana v Ohio State will not draw the number of eyes that Ohio State v USC will.

My guess is 14-18 high profile teams is the most efficient setup. Right now the BIG10 has maybe 10 premier teams. I don't think it's right, but if they kicked the bottoms teams out and added 4-8 more premier teams in the right geographic locations that will probably be the most efficient model for everyone involved.

I actually think the SEC is closest to this model already.

Regardless of the author, it's an outcome that must be contended with eventually.

The networks simply aren't going to give the current state of Northwestern, Minnesota, Mich St, Iowa, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Kentucky, et al $70MM/yr into perpetuity.

Mich st and Iowa have huge fanbases. They’re not national draws but they are likely pullling their weight. Same with Kentucky

Maryland, Rutgers and northwestern are just permanent homecoming opponents and doormats

Advertisement
I hear you friend, but their contributions aren't worth $70MM/yr.
Honestly, this is kind of a circular argument. Play it out and you kick out schools like that. A few years ago by meteorites in theory keep going up even though it’s just the cost of inflation and then new schools are now at the bottom. I don’t hat deserve the same valuation as Ohio State or Michigan which will always almost certainly be the case. So now you kick them out. Eventually, you’re the pac 2 in a different form.

Think about major-league baseball there are the Yankees and the Dodgers and then there’s a massive gap to the next team alone let alone all the way down to the Oakland A’s.

I’m not saying that there isn’t a reasonable argument on the Northwestern and Vanderbilt but not every school can only be valued on the peak valuation for meteorites when you’re trying to form a league by definition not 10 teams are going to be equal

Advertisement
Honestly, this is kind of a circular argument. Play it out and you kick out schools like that. A few years ago by meteorites in theory keep going up even though it’s just the cost of inflation and then new schools are now at the bottom. I don’t hat deserve the same valuation as Ohio State or Michigan which will always almost certainly be the case. So now you kick them out. Eventually, you’re the pac 2 in a different form.

Think about major-league baseball there are the Yankees and the Dodgers and then there’s a massive gap to the next team alone let alone all the way down to the Oakland A’s.

I’m not saying that there isn’t a reasonable argument on the Northwestern and Vanderbilt but not every school can only be valued on the peak valuation for meteorites when you’re trying to form a league by definition not 10 teams are going to be equal
I believe that is exactly what I'm saying.

He who holds the gold is going to ask he who wants tbe gold, "why am I giving you these gold pieces and what value do you bring?"

Advertisement
jailbreak time may may may also come right after the NCAA settlement this week... all **** could break loose in general next week, but that also includes fall out for G5 and other D2 and basketball only types and their athletic departments
This is right. That settlement is going to be a game changer.

If the rumors are true, schools are probably going to HAVE TO pay their players. Dennis Dodd wrote about hearing numbers between 15-25 million. That opens the door to other questions like whether they'd be employees. And if they are, would they unionize? What would student athletes in other sports be paid? Would everyone across all sports make the same? The cost could end up being astronomical.

That B1G/SEC money is extremely important.

this is good news, it basically means that the GOR means squat if you leave the conference
FSU, in their amended complaint, specifically asked the judge to rule on precisely WHAT does the GOR mean, according to the STATEMENT IN THE ESPN MEDIA AGREEMENT. That is also where Clemson's law suit if focused as they have read the ESPN agreement and an early comment was that it specifically stated 'the GOR is in effect while the member institution remains a member of the conference" or words to that effect.

FSU, in their amended complaint, specifically asked the judge to rule on precisely WHAT does the GOR mean, according to the STATEMENT IN THE ESPN MEDIA AGREEMENT. That is also where Clemson's law suit if focused as they have read the ESPN agreement and an early comment was that it specifically stated 'the GOR is in effect while the member institution remains a member of the conference" or words to that effect.

Well, @NorthernVirginiaCane told me the GOR was IRONCLAD and IRREVOCABLE and that ACC teams wouldn't be going anywhere until the mid-2030s...

Advertisement
I see six good Big 12 teams there....
if we don't win this year then record wise, we look to be no more valuable than those teams that are left out because We've sucked for 2 decades.

To me this is why winning and getting to the playoff THIS year is so important because it shows Miami is on the way back up again and they are investing in the program to do so.

Even though our brand is recognizable nationwide they aren't going to get rid of a bunch of bad teams only to add another one who hasn't been relevant for 2 decades.

We NEED TO WIN and win big to show that we are on the way back to being an upper echelon team as we were before.

if we don't win this year then record wise, we look to be no more valuable than those teams that are left out because We've sucked for 2 decades.

To me this is why winning and getting to the playoff THIS year is so important because it shows Miami is on the way back up again and they are investing in the program to do so.

Even though our brand is recognizable nationwide they aren't going to get rid of a bunch of bad teams only to add another one who hasn't been relevant for 2 decades.

We NEED TO WIN and win big to show that we are on the way back to being an upper echelon team as we were before.

Obviously, winning helps.

But this is about more than just being "valuable" by winning a couple more games.

Miami has paid for a top coach. Miami will build a new football HQ building. Miami has one of the top-paying NIL programs. When you have the Minnesotas of the world matching our effort and expenditure, maybe then we can use "wins" as a tiebreaker.

Until then, Miami has plenty of value.

Man, conference **** aside, I agree with you anyway. NEED TO WIN

Advertisement
Back