CB D’yoni Hill commits to Miami

View as article
I was waiting for you to post this. I stopped using straight bars about 20 years ago due to shoulder issues. No matter how much I warmed up my rotator cuffs straight bar, and especially flat bench straight bar, just killed my shoulders. No such issue at all with DB’s.

It's the vertical stabilization of the straight bar that gets the shoulders so activated.

Advertisement
View attachment 288947

Terrific job of flipping his hips vs the outside release while in inside leverage & using a quick jab to initiate contact without holding. Then reading the WR's eyes & steering him towards the sideline. Once he recognized the route he got his head around to locate & make a play on the ball.

A lot of corners, (especially ours) would've just continued with their head down towards the WR & tried to face guard him, which a lot of times would end up as a PI. But him using the sideline as an extra defender while identifying the route allowed for him to re-shift his positioning cutting off the WR's stack on the fade route & attack the ball at its apex.

That's textbook Boundary coverage & another example of Chevis's teaching being applied in real time.

If you're bored/have time where would you rank our CB coaches since Al Golden

TrumpyCane would be interested as would others I assume

Advertisement
I was waiting for you to post this. I stopped using straight bars about 20 years ago due to shoulder issues. No matter how much I warmed up my rotator cuffs straight bar, and especially flat bench straight bar, just killed my shoulders. No such issue at all with DB’s.
Which reminds me it’s probably time for you (us) to take our Men’s multi and fix your posture at the moment

I hit 3 about 10 years ago and haven’t been able to hit it again. I also don’t push the weight as much anymore since I broke my back and tend to do higher reps with lower weight. It’s a **** of a feeling when you get the 3 plates up for the 1st time though.
IMG_4728.gif

Advertisement
I’m already taking Creatine after our Oline conversation. Any other recommendations?
Tough to say without a further conversation. These days most people could probably benefit from taking vitamin D, magnesium (you actually need magnesium to help synthesize vitamin D), omega 3s…maybe a few other things. B Complex vitamins

I put some broad based ingredients like Quercetin and Resveratrol in my Brain Food product but I found better absorbed versions of them than you find in most products

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back