Zach Brown - could be good news.

CTCANE

Junior
Jeff Borzello
ESPN Staff Writer
Zach Brown, the No. 25 junior in the ESPN 60 rankings, has parted ways with UConn, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

Sources indicated the decision was mutual.

Brown, a 7-footer from Miami, committed to the Huskies over Miami, NC State and Georgia in January. Shortly after his decision, he transferred from Miami Beach to Putnam Science Academy (Connecticut), and there were even discussions that Brown planned on reclassifying to the 2016 class and enrolling at UConn for the upcoming season.

Less than a month after his move, Brown left Putnam Science and went back home to Florida.

The ESPN 60 center has been playing for Nike South Beach on the Nike EYBL circuit this spring, and is averaging 6.1 points and 6.7 rebounds.

Scout.com first reported the news.

Advertisement
I hope that he left CT because he missed South Florida. Hopefully he wants to stay here and play college ball.

I hope that he left CT because he missed South Florida. Hopefully he wants to stay here and play college ball.

He left CT because he got expelled from Putnam, where UCONN had placed him.

Hope we can land him though this time around

Advertisement
He seems like he has issues where ever he goes. I don't think he's worth the risk. I agree Stay away

Everything smells like trouble for this kid. His legal guardian is Michael Lipman of Tickets of America.

Per ZagsBlog

UConn and Zach Brown, a 7-foot-2, 265-pound Class of 2017 center from Miami, have parted ways, Brown's guardian, Michael Lipman, confirmed to SNY.tv.

Sources said South Carolina now figures to be a major player for Brown.

Lipman said Brown will now "reevaluate his options." He added that Brown's basketball focus is now on winning the Peach Jam in July with his Nike South Beach AAU team.

The Brown news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.

Brown committed to UConn Jan. 20 and enrolled at Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut soon after, with speculation he might try to re-classify into the class of 2016.

But his time at Putnam was brief. The Hartford Courant reported Brown was involved in a postgame fight in Rhode Island and left the school in mid-February. In December, Brown was suspended by the Florida High School Athletic Association after a fight Dec. 21 while playing for Miami High.

Advertisement
Sounds like the kid needs a Frank Martin type to scare the **** out of him. USC(e) would be a good spot.

Sounds like the kid needs a Coach L type to sit him down and teach him a few things about life

Would take him with open arms

Advertisement
Sounds like the kid needs a Coach L type to sit him down and teach him a few things about life

Wasn't McClellan a headache at Texas? Came to Miami and never had a problem....actually come to think when was the last time a Miami basketball player under L had off court issues? Can't think of any. Kid has size and talent I would take the risk if he has intentions of really trying to put it together.

Wasn't McClellan a headache at Texas? Came to Miami and never had a problem....actually come to think when was the last time a Miami basketball player under L had off court issues? Can't think of any. Kid has size and talent I would take the risk if he has intentions of really trying to put it together.

We've had a couple with off court issues under L. They were asked to leave.

Advertisement

People dont understand. Nothing we have had is comparable to Zach

No McClellan was not a headache at Texas. He didnt like Barnes so he transferred.

I wouldn't mind having him in our class but the issues and entitlement that it looks like this kid has are major red flags so I wouldn't mind him going elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back