Yearby visits USF

Was originally going to post this to highlight Josh Newberg's response to a USF poster that said Miami was going to get a 4-year bowl ban and other assorted nonsense but I then realized that you guys would probably also find some of the comments in the thread amusing as well.

First I'll post the thread on ITU where Newberg's response can be viewed by non-subscribers. Some pretty interesting and not well known tidbits about the penalties UM has self imposed..

http://miami.247sports.com/Board/92/Snippet-on-sanctions-from-Josh-Newberg-20046247/1

Here is the thread from USF's 247 board from which Newberg's response originated..

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Board/59416/Yearby-visits-USF-20022040/1#a20046608

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL...4 year bowl ban...RIIIIIGGHHHTTT!! They need to worry about winning the Big Eas...err mighty American Athletic Conference before they talk about competing for any recruit with the U.

We could take a 4 year bowl ban and not lose a single recruit to USF.

I ain't got no worries!

130.jpg

We have done enough. If oregon knowingly breaks the rules with the head coach and get one sholly lost. We had better not get anything worst

Advertisement
Advertisement
We already have taken a 2 year bowl ban so it would only be a 2 year penalty. Yearby was probably being courteous to his former HS coach lockette who is now the USF RB coach. After all, lockette has coached him up to become the RB that he is.

Coach Coley and Yearby have a tight relationship. As long as he is here, there are no worries. Courtesy visit

I got a message from a person who spoke to Lockette yesterday at camp. It's very unlikely he switches, but he is telling USF that they are the only school he is considering besides Miami. They are selling him on the fact he could start from day 1 and break all the school's records.

LOL. I'll castrate myself live on YouTube if we lose Yearby to a team in the American Athletic Conference.

Advertisement
It's very unlikely he switches, but he is telling USF that they are the only school he is considering besides Miami. They are selling him on the fact he could start from day 1 and break all the school's records.

Eh, he's gonna get good playing time as a freshman at Miami, too. I don't think being the 'the man' is the most important thing to him considering he was once committed to FSU, who has a crowded backfield and now Miami who has Duke.

I got a message from a person who spoke to Lockette yesterday at camp. It's very unlikely he switches, but he is telling USF that they are the only school he is considering besides Miami. They are selling him on the fact he could start from day 1 and break all the school's records.

Yearby switches to USF, and Cook flips to Miami now feeling comfortable about not splitting time.

Advertisement

Truth is he will probably see time from day one at Miami as well. He will be the 2nd best back on the roster the day he signs the LOI

There is zero chance of this happening. It would defy all logic. Fact is, USF is still USF. He's just showing respect to his former coach.

The "4-year bowl ban" doomsday predictions are the type of garbage we've had to deal with in recruiting. That stuff has been out there since the story broke in 2011. Imagine how badly we're getting negative-recruited. I'm sure coaches are saying some low-down ****. I bet the phrase "death penalty" has been thrown around wildly.

Advertisement
Back