Xavier Restrepo: "If we were whooping the defense every day, there'd be something wrong"

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Xavier Restrepo is no longer sneaking up on anybody. The consensus All-ACC receiver met with the media to discuss the offense a few days into camp:

On how the offense is progressing: Exactly how I expected. We're a super explosive offense. Everyone is doing really well. When guys are down or whatever, we have depth. Like even our walk-ons, Nick Thomas, Luna, Marty, I mean all those guys. Those guys are busting their tails every single day. Any opportunity they get, they're taking...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love X.

He may not get the numbers he had last year with all the target options Cam has but that may not be a bad thing for the Team.

Will be very interesting to see what the NFL thinks of X.
I’m with you

That type of receiver has become very valuable in the NFL. We certainly know he will put in the work

Advertisement
“The biggest thing about Strep that I think he gets mistaken for is he doesn’t get the recognition of how he runs his routes,” Cam Ward said. “The way he can stem, the way he can win versus man. Me and him have built a connection where he knows what space I like to get to, when I like to get there. He knows when to bend his routes off flat. He knows when to keep them higher. So you know, he sees space how I see space.”

Just in case there are those who STILL think Restrepo got most favored receiver treatment by TVD..... How many QBs is it now that have looked to X as their go-to guy??????

Maybe it's because he flat out knows how to do his job.... Hopefully he is mentoring the other WRs who will be here next year and beyond...

The talk about the defense this summer seems oddly pr like they are trying to give them confidence. I don't like the vibe. Hope the defense is better than last year. Better will be enough.

“The biggest thing about Strep that I think he gets mistaken for is he doesn’t get the recognition of how he runs his routes,” Cam Ward said. “The way he can stem, the way he can win versus man. Me and him have built a connection where he knows what space I like to get to, when I like to get there. He knows when to bend his routes off flat. He knows when to keep them higher. So you know, he sees space how I see space.”

Just in case there are those who STILL think Restrepo got most favored receiver treatment by TVD..... How many QBs is it now that have looked to X as their go-to guy??????

Maybe it's because he flat out knows how to do his job.... Hopefully he is mentoring the other WRs who will be here next year and beyond...

The nonsense about Restrepo last year was some of the silliest commentary in the history of this board, and that's really saying something.

Although I will admit besides being dependable, tough, productive, always open and a leader, I'm not sure what he really does well.

Advertisement
Love X.

He may not get the numbers he had last year with all the target options Cam has but that may not be a bad thing for the Team.

Will be very interesting to see what the NFL thinks of X.
He has to go to the right team that has the need. If he sees the field early with a good qb he won’t ever lose the spot.

Advertisement
I think there's a lot of value in dependability. NFL teams will know exactly what they're getting with X.
Hard working, dependable, constantly perfecting his craft, plays his a$s off, excellent route runner...and quite frankly... just a **** good football player. I also think he has a unique niche because he's basically a RB playing slot WR.

We tend to focus a lot on the guys with the freaky measureables, but many of those guys flash early and then they fall off. There's a whole slew of players in the NFL with blah measureables who are having long, productive careers. Those are usually the guys with great attitude, dependability, high IQ, etc. You win super bowls with guys like that.

X will be a guy who has a long productive NFL career IMO.

Last edited:
The hall of fam receivers all have something in common. They work. The divas will flame out for the most part

Advertisement
Back