Xavier Restrepo and Cam Ward discuss connection

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Originally from miamihurricanes.com by Christy Cabrera Chirinos

It was the play that started the drive that capped an epic comeback.

The Hurricanes, after falling behind by 25 points in their cross-country ACC showdown against California, had rallied to cut the Bears’ lead and with just under two minutes left, trailed by only six.

But there were 92 yards between them and the touchdown they so desperately needed.

Enter quarterback Cam Ward and wide receiver Xavier...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
I know in post game interviews X praises Cam as the best player in the country.

When Can is asked about X and how he compares to other receivers Cam completely deflects the question and can't even give a compliment. X is by far the best receiver he's ever played with.

I know in post game interviews X praises Cam as the best player in the country.

When Can is asked about X and how he compares to other receivers Cam completely deflects the question and can't even give a compliment. X is by far the best receiver he's ever played with.
Cam has a lot of receivers to keep happy. X only has one quarterback.

Advertisement
Notice how often Cam says that Jacolby George “is one of the best receivers in the nation.” X isn’t the type that needs a confidence boost.
Yeah that's right.

I'm just making observation of a direct question that was asked to him. And that direct question has been asked to him before. And he just deflects it away.

He's probably going to get that direct question a few more times.

Notice how often Cam says that Jacolby George “is one of the best receivers in the nation.” X isn’t the type that needs a confidence boost.
Spot on… JG’s temperament is on display every weekend. Can understands that X is probably the last person’s ego he needs to stroke (pause) publicly.

The targets and being his go to when he needs him speaks volumes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back