Who’s actually better? UF or USF?

305_separatist

Threskiornithidae
Premium
Been seeing a lot about how UF sucks and that win means less now, and that our first “real” test is this Saturday.

Is that really true? Can we say for sure that USF is a tougher team and game than UF by any meaningful degree?

Yes UF is not looking good. But they have much more raw talent than USF, and started the season amped and with high hopes. They may very well spiral as past Miami teams have done as the season lost meaning, but that doesn’t take away from winning game 1 in front of a hostile crowd against a rival. The crowd no one could shut up about going into the game.

USF absolutely has better team cohesion at this point, but again with far lesser talent. Does that make them so much better than UF? I doubt it. I think a slug match between them could go either way and the hype for this Saturday is even more redic than the hype for the Gators in game 1.

We roll from 2nd quarter onward.

Advertisement
Canes fans with our **** neurosis torn between:

"Florida totally sucks!"

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

"That was a helluva win in the Swamp because Florida has a lot of talent"

I Think You Should Leave Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

... Reality says we've got a legit shot at being really good this year, but on the flip side blowing out UF — even with all the joy it brings — means very little in the near term because they ain't worth a ****

comedy central GIF by Another Period

Last edited:
Advertisement
Week 1 it was UF. We broke them. Both mentally and physically. Nothing dirty just a good old fashioned *** kicking. Since then they haven’t recovered. This canes team is built different. I have a feeling many teams this year will face this fate.
Spot on. FSU same thing. Not sure any of us actually think Memphis is a better team but also none of us were surprised at the game because we know how momentum and confidence in college works

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter. If we god forbid lose or win close, the narrative will be that USF is a G5 school and we’re a joke. If we win convincingly, the narrative will be we were a 17 point favorite and beating a G5 team doesn’t mean anything. But the cool part? None of that matters for ****. Cause there’s a 12 team playoff, and you get a guaranteed spot for winning the league. So just go win the game and stay off social media. Who cares who is better? As long as we’re better than all of them. That’s all that matters.

It doesn’t matter. If we god forbid lose or win close, the narrative will be that USF is a G5 school and we’re a joke. If we win convincingly, the narrative will be we were a 17 point favorite and beating a G5 team doesn’t mean anything. But the cool part? None of that matters for ****. Cause there’s a 12 team playoff, and you get a guaranteed spot for winning the league. So just go win the game and stay off social media. Who cares who is better? As long as we’re better than all of them. That’s all that matters.
It's gonna take a season for some to understand it's not one and done.

Advertisement
Been seeing a lot about how UF sucks and that win means less now, and that our first “real” test is this Saturday.

Is that really true? Can we say for sure that USF is a tougher team and game than UF by any meaningful degree?

Yes UF is not looking good. But they have much more raw talent than USF, and started the season amped and with high hopes. They may very well spiral as past Miami teams have done as the season lost meaning, but that doesn’t take away from winning game 1 in front of a hostile crowd against a rival. The crowd no one could shut up about going into the game.

USF absolutely has better team cohesion at this point, but again with far lesser talent. Does that make them so much better than UF? I doubt it. I think a slug match between them could go either way and the hype for this Saturday is even more redic than the hype for the Gators in game 1.

We roll from 2nd quarter onward.
THIS

Florida isnt very good for Florida/SEC standards. Florida is just as good as USF.
This is true. Both teams are ranked in the 60s. But they have different strengths / weaknesses.

However, we are traumatized from the past 20 years and are insecure pussies. If we win this week, expect the same kind of posts next week, and so on and so forth for the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Spot on. FSU same thing. Not sure any of us actually think Memphis is a better team but also none of us were surprised at the game because we know how momentum and confidence in college works
I for one do think Memphis is the better TEAM. Now FSU does have better players, however they dont play as a team, especially on the offensive and defensive lines. FSU is just a bunch of formerly high rated prospects who have no team chemistry.

Sometimes I have to remind myself how a fans mindset works and why it's so different from someone who's actually experienced this game or competitive sports as a whole. Because while you all are talking about Florida and USF like that's relevant I feel like some are leaving out The only thing that truly matters is how we play. You can't control who's on the other side of you as far as if they're a trash team or if they're amazing You're playing 11 men on one snap to the next that's all that matters. As long as we're doing our job not a single 11 men in this country have me concerned. No I simply go on record as saying That's 16 and a half is an easy cover. We're rolling buckle the **** up

Sometimes I have to remind myself how a fans mindset works and why it's so different from someone who's actually experienced this game or competitive sports as a whole. Because while you all are talking about Florida and USF like that's relevant I feel like some are leaving out The only thing that truly matters is how we play. You can't control who's on the other side of you as far as if they're a trash team or if they're amazing You're playing 11 men on one snap to the next that's all that matters. As long as we're doing our job not a single 11 men in this country have me concerned. No I simply go on record as saying That's 16 and a half is an easy cover. We're rolling buckle the **** up
Preach man. I Been seeing you talk about the major culture shifts behind the scenes, and seeing you in running battles with the mopes until you gave up on the pointless or ignorant arguments before you fell to their level. Trying to reason with the rabble.

You were calling this before anyone, and against some stiff headwinds. Now the mopes are in the biggest retreat I’ve ever seen.

I’m a believer.

Advertisement
Back