WHEN IS ANTHONY JONES MAKING HIS ANNOUNCEMENT

Advertisement
What if Phillips put up all this interest just so we would give Jones an offer, then all this hype starts coming up for a **** 3* recruit to flip from FIU to Miami (he's good ik but still) and then he never flips and stays at FIU.. That would tell all at how low this program is right now

Anthony Jones is a **** of an athlete and prospect. He would be a four-star if he played last year and did the camp circuit. He's worth an offer on his own in any class.

Jones has a strong body like Cook and actually has better feet than him, IMO. Cook has a speed advantage and is a better prospect overall. But Jones is legit in his own right.

Advertisement
Anthony Jones is a **** of an athlete and prospect. He would be a four-star if he played last year and did the camp circuit. He's worth an offer on his own in any class.

Jones has a strong body like Cook and actually has better feet than him, IMO. Cook has a speed advantage and is a better prospect overall. But Jones is legit in his own right.

So is he announcing today?

Not sure when he's announcing.

I'd rather we offer Julius because Williams & Julius > Jones by himself since Phillips to FSU has been inevitable ever since they landed Cook. But maybe that's just me.

Not just you. Golden may not get "it", but this year does he play the Jones/Phillips/SFL Pipeline game plus the Williams/Julius game?

Either way -- the answer is --- but Can he play DT?

The Williams/Julius package deal should be a no-brainer, IMO. I'd take Julius over Jones regardless, but it should be an even easier decision since Phillips is FSU-bound. Williams & Julius > Jones without Phillips

It seems like Phillips feigned interest in UM to drum up suspense for an announcement that didn't have any (and still doesn't) and to get Jones a UM offer.

Take Williams/Julius and Jones if you like Jones or are doing it for the pipeline, but agreed - not for Phillips.

The "getting Jones an offer" is one of those ****ty SFL high school failures that Miami is up against --- not just Golden, but since Shannon at least. Jones should have an offer or not based on the talent and an honest relationship with the high school coaches and have nothing to do with Phillips. ---- basically Miami should give him the benefit of the doubt if it is close or the HS coaches should say "coach, Phillips is playing the game here and not coming."

True. Luckily in this case Jones is someone they want regardless of what happens with Phillips, according to DMoney.

I'd love to be wrong about Phillips. Just always assumed he'd end up there because of Cook.

Advertisement

You sir, know your football!!!

Watched a little of hat game this weekend and was surprised at how good his feet were....kids a legit RB prospect IMHO. I think your take is right on, probably a little more elusive than Cook, without the elite top end speed. Almost like a bigger stronger Yearby.

Not sure when he's announcing.

I'd rather we offer Julius because Williams & Julius > Jones by himself since Phillips to FSU has been inevitable ever since they landed Cook. But maybe that's just me.

Not just you. Golden may not get "it", but this year does he play the Jones/Phillips/SFL Pipeline game plus the Williams/Julius game?

Either way -- the answer is --- but Can he play DT?

The Williams/Julius package deal should be a no-brainer, IMO. I'd take Julius over Jones regardless, but it should be an even easier decision since Phillips is FSU-bound. Williams & Julius > Jones without Phillips

It seems like Phillips feigned interest in UM to drum up suspense for an announcement that didn't have any (and still doesn't) and to get Jones a UM offer.

Take Williams/Julius and Jones if you like Jones or are doing it for the pipeline, but agreed - not for Phillips.

The "getting Jones an offer" is one of those ****ty SFL high school failures that Miami is up against --- not just Golden, but since Shannon at least. Jones should have an offer or not based on the talent and an honest relationship with the high school coaches and have nothing to do with Phillips. ---- basically Miami should give him the benefit of the doubt if it is close or the HS coaches should say "coach, Phillips is playing the game here and not coming."

True. Luckily in this case Jones is someone they want regardless of what happens with Phillips, according to DMoney.

I'd love to be wrong about Phillips. Just always assumed he'd end up there because of Cook.

Agree all around.

Watched a little of hat game this weekend and was surprised at how good his feet were....kids a legit RB prospect IMHO. I think your take is right on, probably a little more elusive than Cook, without the elite top end speed. Almost like a bigger stronger Yearby.

I was about to curse at you. Hat game -- Crootin!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jones is a gamebreaker, trust me and if the canes can't steal him from FIU. The Canes legacy is definitely over!!!

Depressing to think we are now trying to "steal players" from ****ing FIU.

Not "players". A player. If only we had tried to "steal" Johnathan Cyprien or T.Y. Hilton from FIU....

FIU didnt want HIlton

Why did he wind up there?

The TE coach had to beg cristobal to take him...Cristobal thought he was too small...Hilton didnt want to leave Miami his scholarship wasnt even guaranateed in January a month before signing day.. Just goes to show crootin is a crazy game..coaches think wayyy too much

Advertisement
Back