What's the story with Gionni Paul?

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
When he came in last year Golden was not shy about how excited he was to have him aboard and raved about his potential and work ethic. It seems his name is never mentioned lately which is likely due to injury. What I don't know is exactly when did he get hurt, what type of injury is it, and when is he expected to be back in the mix? I would love to have him 100% by the summer so he can compete during fall camp.

Advertisement
I often wonder about this guy too... thought he would have been ahead of perryman... hope he does well this year...

Couple things. He's out now with a knee injury, not sure how long but he hasn't practiced all spring.

Also, while he was making a ton of big hits on the scout team (even more than Perryman) the word I got is that he is not as far along mentally. The game still needs to speed up for him. We saw flashes of that when he saw limited action this year.

Advertisement
Couple things. He's out now with a knee injury, not sure how long but he hasn't practiced all spring.

Also, while he was making a ton of big hits on the scout team (even more than Perryman) the word I got is that he is not as far along mentally. The game still needs to speed up for him. We saw flashes of that when he saw limited action this year.

Yeah, you could see this in the Maryland game. Not really fair to him but he needs to learn the playbook, responsibilities, and the speed of the game.

Did you mean The game needs to slow down for him?

Did you mean The game needs to slow down for him?

In the last 24 hours, I projected Tyler Horn and Jon Peattie as 2013 starters and gotten about three cliches backwards.

It might be time to quit:
40.jpg

Advertisement
I think GIONNI PAUL is a victim of message board hyperbole and an unfortunate injury.

But I do GOLDEN giving him high praise.

Was that a GOLDEN tactic used recruiting a kid which had been committed elsewhere?

I think it is more that Golden really likes Paul's potential and attitude and the kid just needs some time to develop. He has been here less than a year, wait a couple more springs.

Paul is someone I am not sure ever will be a big contributor. Size limitations combined with the other guys being brought in just look better. Gaines probably holds down MLB this year and next with Kirby seeming like the heir apparent. If we go more 3-4 then maybe Paul can find a starting role, but otherwise I'd guess special teams ace while providing quality depth.

all is a guess tho. size plays a big part in my way of thinking concerning Paul.

Advertisement
Back