What is the longest it has taken the NCAA to make a ruling

Perryman52

Staff Changes on the Way
Banned
regarding violations and punishment? Wasn't UNC and South Carolina's investigations started about the time ours was? Can this go on into next year???

Advertisement
wouldnt the school announce some self sanctions at this point if they expected scholly reductions? or is that only after they receive the NOA

Advertisement
regarding violations and punishment? Wasn't UNC and South Carolina's investigations started about the time ours was? Can this go on into next year???

UNC's investigation started in July of 2010, so it took a little more a year and a half from beginning to end.
SC's started around August of last year, but was a really simple case and didn't take a helluva lot of time to figure out.

USC's was like 3 or 4 years, but that was because they played the Sgt. Schultz routine the whole **** time.

Advertisement
This seems like it's taking way too long, and that makes me nervous, almost like they are trying to find more to punish us with. For recruiting sake I hope it is soon, so we can take our lumps and move on.

UNC took a year and a half

I think S Carolina got in trouble around the same time with UNC.

Canes are still under a year.

Advertisement

Actually, UM is about a year and 2 months in. The NCAA started investigating 5 months before the Shapiro story broke nationwide, which puts it in March of last year.

Actually, UM is about a year and 2 months in. The NCAA started investigating 5 months before the Shapiro story broke nationwide, which puts it in March of last year.

My understanding is that the NCAA didnt start til after the story broke. Al Golden was blindsided the morning after the Canes Family Day. If the NCAA was there durning March Golden wouldn't have been surprised by the Yahoo story

Advertisement

The investigation started before everyone knew the severity of things, back when UM self-reported to. It began in March, but blew up in August.

My understanding is that the NCAA didnt start til after the story broke. Al Golden was blindsided the morning after the Canes Family Day. If the NCAA was there durning March Golden wouldn't have been surprised by the Yahoo story

Read this article from August 17th of last year:

"The NCAA said Wednesday it has been investigating the relationship between a convicted Ponzi scheme artist and the University of Miami for five months..."

I wasn't sure what to make of Golden's apparent surprise at the situation when he made a big show of it. I find it hard to believe he didn't know something was going on. I think it's likely, though, that the UM admin downplayed it and basically acted like it was no big deal, because Shapiro didn't come forward with any solid allegations until August. Don't forget, Shapiro originally went public back in 2010, but he didn't provide any names or substantive claims until the Yahoo story broke in 2011.

Last edited:
wouldnt the school announce some self sanctions at this point if they expected scholly reductions? or is that only after they receive the NOA
We already have self sanctioned ourselves

Yes & no. We have taken advantage of one specific opportunity to penalize ourselves. We have not announced the fullness of our self-penalizations (scholarships, additional bowl ban, probationary term, recruiting restrictions, record vacations, etc). Unless you know something I do not, as in a formal proposal to the NCAA that is not yet public, but often precedes their ruling.

We already have self sanctioned ourselves

bowl ban. but I'm talking schollys. AG has mentioned being at 80 after the spring. idk if that is to make room for new guys or some sort of move in anticipation of sanctions (or self imposed sanctions that have not been made public)

USC's was like 3 or 4 years, but that was because they played the Sgt. Schultz routine the whole **** time.

Total myth
USC cooperated fully and it even says that in the COI report
We gave them everything we had from the get go, and we gave them everything they asked for throughout
What we couldn't do was force Reggie Bush to cooperate
That and the fact they couldnt find anything to tie USC to Lake and Michaels
They settled on a photo taken in a club, two one minute phone calls and and the word of a convicted felon
Now it appears the case is falling apart
Despite the NCAA's best efforts, Todd McNairs attorneys just got a court order forcing them to turn over all their E Mails from the case.
Should be interesting

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back