We're all better coaches than Coach L, so fix the problems..

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Is something wrong with Tonye? If not he needs to be more involved on both ends. He hasn't looked the same in weeks. The announcers today said he looked "sick."

What happened to Lawrence? I I expected his minutes to go down against ACC teams, but he's on a milk carton. He looked good against teams like Florida, Butler, Utah. Not just crap teams.

I'm fine with Cruz-Uceda shooting, it's just when he shoots. Against UVA he shot a 3 when we were down 3 early in the shot clock with 2+ left. Bad shot. Today, down 4 or 5, takes a bad 3, they come down and hit a 3. Take 3s, but use better judgment.

Angel was good today and against Duke, but he needs to attack the basket even more.

Sheldon's outside shot is good, and was on early today, but he needs to attack early every game, and keep attacking.

Newtown and Davon need to be more under control when they drive. I'm not talking about the offensive fouls, though at least 2 were BS calls, especially when we were down 58-53 and Newton scored and it should have been an and 1. I'm talking about the badly missed layups and 3-5 foot shots.

Feel free to add

Advertisement
Not much you can do.

If players cant make a layup, try on defense or play tough enough to outmuscle a toddler at this stage, you pretty much just have to accept zero conference road wins and pray you can finish above 500 in the ACC after a 2-0 start.

Anyone else wish that Cruz would make like Pablo, and Cruz?

Not much you can do.

If players cant make a layup, try on defense or play tough enough to outmuscle a toddler at this stage, you pretty much just have to accept zero conference road wins and pray you can finish above 500 in the ACC after a 2-0 start.

Anyone else wish that Cruz would make like Pablo, and Cruz?

Regarding Miami Basketball...Watcha gonna do? Love will find a way!

[video=youtube;BS0ZRRN0GzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS0ZRRN0GzY[/video]

[video=youtube;8TBHfWQHDDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBHfWQHDDE[/video]

Get down to the marina in Lauderdale, it's Yacht Rock overload!

Is something wrong with Tonye? If not he needs to be more involved on both ends. He hasn't looked the same in weeks. The announcers today said he looked "sick."

What happened to Lawrence? I I expected his minutes to go down against ACC teams, but he's on a milk carton. He looked good against teams like Florida, Butler, Utah. Not just crap teams.

I'm fine with Cruz-Uceda shooting, it's just when he shoots. Against UVA he shot a 3 when we were down 3 early in the shot clock with 2+ left. Bad shot. Today, down 4 or 5, takes a bad 3, they come down and hit a 3. Take 3s, but use better judgment.

Angel was good today and against Duke, but he needs to attack the basket even more.

Sheldon's outside shot is good, and was on early today, but he needs to attack early every game, and keep attacking.

Newtown and Davon need to be more under control when they drive. I'm not talking about the offensive fouls, though at least 2 were BS calls, especially when we were down 58-53 and Newton scored and it should have been an and 1. I'm talking about the badly missed layups and 3-5 foot shots.

Feel free to add

NC State is better than its record indicates. Cat Barber is an excellent guard who is too fast for Angel or JaQuan. One of the Martin kids was on fire from distance (banked threes, hitting from both sides) and their bigs were great.

I'm not sure what was wrong with Tonye and maybe he was fatigued or sick, but he's due some slack on a game that is relatively meaningless in the grand scheme. He's been terrific all year with excellent defense on screen and rolls, strong on low post defense and great on hedges. As much as I'd like Tonye to be a better rim protector that's not what he does. Tonye has never struck me as one of those bigs that needs to get the ball early to feel appreciated and involved, but it's still an excellent practice to involve him.

I don't know why Coach L doesn't trust Amp because Izundu and he should have fresh legs and they'd help keep Tonye and Kamari fresher as they head down the stretch. It's got to be a defense issue.

I disagree on 2 points. ICU is still shooting 47% on 3's and he usually hits clutch baskets, so it's easy to look at shots in hindsight and say, don't shoot them. He did shoot one "from Madrid" as the announcer said and then he followed up with an airball, but the way UM was rebounding (poorly) they really needed 3s.

Also, Newton rarely is out of control on drives. He normally exhibits great body control, so we'll have to disagree. Davon seemed out of control a few times, in part, I think, because of a bad call on the other end.

If UM goes 3-1 or 4-2 over the next 4-6 games, everything will be fine. If not, I'll meet you back here to kvetch.

Advertisement

Feel free to add

NC State is better than its record indicates. Cat Barber is an excellent guard who is too fast for Angel or JaQuan. One of the Martin kids was on fire from distance (banked threes, hitting from both sides) and their bigs were great.

I'm not sure what was wrong with Tonye and maybe he was fatigued or sick, but he's due some slack on a game that is relatively meaningless in the grand scheme. He's been terrific all year with excellent defense on screen and rolls, strong on low post defense and great on hedges. As much as I'd like Tonye to be a better rim protector that's not what he does. Tonye has never struck me as one of those bigs that needs to get the ball early to feel appreciated and involved, but it's still an excellent practice to involve him.

I don't know why Coach L doesn't trust Amp because Izundu and he should have fresh legs and they'd help keep Tonye and Kamari fresher as they head down the stretch. It's got to be a defense issue.

I disagree on 2 points. ICU is still shooting 47% on 3's and he usually hits clutch baskets, so it's easy to look at shots in hindsight and say, don't shoot them. He did shoot one "from Madrid" as the announcer said and then he followed up with an airball, but the way UM was rebounding (poorly) they really needed 3s.

Also, Newton rarely is out of control on drives. He normally exhibits great body control, so we'll have to disagree. Davon seemed out of control a few times, in part, I think, because of a bad call on the other end.

If UM goes 3-1 or 4-2 over the next 4-6 games, everything will be fine. If not, I'll meet you back here to kvetch.

Newton is rarely out of control on drives. If you re-read what I said, I said today. Against NC State he was out of control all afternoon. Same with Davon. As for ICU, I'd hardly call him clutch. Lastly, you obviously didn't get the sarcasm in my thread title, or the overall nature of the this thread (or its intent).

sometimes you have bad shooting nights. when you rely on the 3 it can be problematic. we have angel back there not shane, that is a huge difference.

we are pretty tall and should be able to pound the interior or drive and get either the foul call or a layup. 10 point losses are annoying but it isnt like a 30 point blowout.

I would like to see Angel, Sheldon, Reed, Lawrence, Newton and Palmer attack the rim relentlessly. All game. Only shooting threes when they are wide open.

Im sure thats a lot easier said then done, but I have thought since last year that this team is too athletic to not constantly attack the rim.

Advertisement
I would like to see Angel, Sheldon, Reed, Lawrence, Newton and Palmer attack the rim relentlessly. All game. Only shooting threes when they are wide open.

Im sure thats a lot easier said then done, but I have thought since last year that this team is too athletic to not constantly attack the rim.

I think we all want them to get the the hoop more.

Advertisement
Back