Weak-*** video intro at Sun Life.

Jonnyblaze

Junior
Premium
There's plenty of things wrong with Sun Life, but UM isn't helping themselves with that ******* god awful, uber-lame video montage they show before the team runs out. Garbage. Showing clips from the last few years isn't getting anyone hyped. How the **** do they not show some of the great plays/moments in Canes history? Kenny Calhoun, Barrow hit, Vilma laying out that NU TE, Irvin airborne against FSU, Reed play etc. **** they could end the montage with that Ed Reed halftime speech and have the team run out right after it. Crowd would go nuts watching that ****. What they have now is a joke.

Advertisement
Same with the announcer with the annoying *** voice when the band is spelling out Miami, Canes, and the U. Doesn't help.

Advertisement
Is there video of the montage anywhere? I haven't been to a home game since they moved.

This was 2010...

[video=youtube;F6VL7SxZOG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6VL7SxZOG0[/video]

This is last year's, based on the keys outlined in Golden's book. Not a bad idea, but the music and videos are poor.

[video=youtube;PJEubBEOrn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJEubBEOrn0&feature=plcp[/video]

Advertisement
This would be my favorite:

[video=youtube;uWvt-cZLwT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWvt-cZLwT0[/video]

[video=youtube;uWvt-cZLwT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWvt-cZLwT0[/video]

k...that was pretty ******* awesome. i mean...why is this NOT our entrance video? i would eat a baby right now if it helped us win, thats how that video made me feel dude.

k...that was pretty ****ing awesome. i mean...why is this NOT our entrance video? i would eat a baby right now if it helped us win, thats how that video made me feel dude.

It's a great video but way too long for an opening video and would get old before every home game - maybe if they edited it to something shorter.

I laughed out loud when it said 'I am the Orange Bowl and I am this stadium' while showing Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Landshark/Sun Life Stadium. I guess they didnt want to recut it every time the name is changed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is last year's, based on the keys outlined in Golden's book. Not a bad idea, but the music and videos are poor.

[video=youtube;PJEubBEOrn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJEubBEOrn0&feature=plcp[/video]

I actually thought this was a better overall video as I thought that some off the former players came of lame/corny in the older video, but the OP is right, they should have more than the last few years on there. ****, I wouldnt even mind them having a policy where no current players can be in the video.

Last edited:
The gameday, in stadium music sucks as well.

Sandstorm should be banned. It was much better when they played Soulja Boy and Sebastian was dancing around.

Agree.. And the Gatorade commercial thing that we play on t3rd down and always seem to blow the stop.... and the stupid *** purple hipo thing that daces like a sumo wrestler wtf were they thinking?

k...that was pretty ****ing awesome. i mean...why is this NOT our entrance video? i would eat a baby right now if it helped us win, thats how that video made me feel dude.

It's a great video but way too long for an opening video and would get old before every home game - maybe if they edited it to something shorter.

I laughed out loud when it said 'I am the Orange Bowl and I am this stadium' while showing Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Landshark/Sun Life Stadium. I guess they didnt want to recut it every time the name is changed.

Ummm, that WAS our entrance video the first year at Sun Life/Joe Robbie. This is the one I was referring to. Don't know why, but every year they change it and every year it's gotten worse.

Advertisement

Ummm, that WAS our entrance video the first year at Sun Life/Joe Robbie. This is the one I was referring to. Don't know why, but every year they change it and every year it's gotten worse.

Maybe they got rid of it b/c it was too long? But yeah, of those 3, that was the best, just a bit long IMO.

I haven't actually been to any Miami home games since they went to the new stadium as I live in DC and don't get back to Miami often anymore. I was there once for a Dolphins game and it was horrible. It was like the Planet Hollywood of Football. I do make it to at least a couple of Hurricane away games every year though.

While we're at it, I can't stand the marshmellow-looking inflatable helmet they run out of. I know they added it at the end of the OB, but the great old-school "Intimidate and Dominate" OB entrance was simply coming out of the dark tunnel through the smoke. The helmet looks like something you rent for a kids b-day party

I would show clips of former canes in black & white,dominating the competition and showing that swagger and dancing and stuff.........Then show the team (on the screen) walking in their all whites to the "imperial march" theme from star wars with Denzel,Chick,Seantrel & Ray Ray up front...with their arms crossed just saying Jerome Brown's old line" Don't be scared now baby"..then the screen goes black .........smoke starts up and the Hurricanes come out on the field

Advertisement
Back