We need to right the ship NOW

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Last year when we lost to Green Bay, the hangover last like 2 weeks. We lost to Eastern KY and Providence. We absolutely cannot lose to Nebraska on Tuesday. If we do, this is the same team as last year. NCAA bubble team. I really thought this team was different. I really thought this was a sweet 16/elite 8 team. Maybe we still are. Maybe this is our one mulligan like the 2012-2013 team had (Florida Gulf Coast...though they were a sweet 16 team, or Indiana State). I know this, we better see the Puerto Rico team in Nebraska next week.

Advertisement
Off for a week, timing not up to speed until 2nd half but shouldn't lose game like this at home. Consider it lesson learned to another really well coached team. Jekiri needs to be a lttle more selfish.

We do have the horses, they just played like **** today. The key is going to be, not playing like **** again against **** teams.

Advertisement
This team is as good as we think it is, but obviously they were smelling themselves a bit. This had **** written all over it. Dominating in PR, getting ranked then traveling back home. They were flat as **** and didn't feel threatened till the late second half. By then it was a dogfight.

Btw, NE played a great game and hit tough shots. That wasn't a fluke.

Ranking is the least of our worries. Polls do not matter in CBB like CFB.

Must win against Nebraska

****ing bull****

Let two guys beat us

No ****. Calm the **** down newbie football fans. We will lose basketball games...get used to it.

I swear..if it's not an undefeated season, every Canes team sux balls...even the ones most of these losers aren't even pulling for over their beloved Duke or whoever.

STFU...turkey hangover day.

Advertisement
Reality check in november & people are acting like the season is over. LOL this fanbase ill tell ya

****ing bull****

Let two guys beat us

No ****. Calm the **** down newbie football fans. We will lose basketball games...get used to it.

I swear..if it's not an undefeated season, every Canes team sux balls...even the ones most of these losers aren't even pulling for over their beloved Duke or whoever.

Not all of us are "newbie football fans" and normally I'd agree with you, but we saw the exact same thing last year and it cost us a spot in the tourney. Again, hopefully we are that good, and this was an aberration.

Northeastern just hit shots.

They were a tourney team last year.

They Hit 12 threes. Just earlier this week they went 4-20 from three vs. MIAMI ohio.

They went 12-22 today. They also went to the line 22 times to our 9.

That's the difference. They still needed a near 3 at the buzzer to win.

We scored 77 nothing like the performances vs. eastern Illinois and green bay last season.

Advertisement
This will probably not be an horrible loss at the end of the year, unlike losing to Green Bay by double digits and EKU by a million points like last year.

This team just need to be more consistent in shooting and all is going to be well!

Advertisement
****ing bull****

Let two guys beat us

Not all of us are "newbie football fans" and normally I'd agree with you, but we saw the exact same thing last year and it cost us a spot in the tourney. Again, hopefully we are that good, and this was an aberration.

We lost by one point to a team that returned all pieces from a pretty decent squad last year...scoring in the upper 70s.

The score said it all...defense wasn't stellar combined with a squad that will have likely shot their best game of the year against us.

This was nowhere near the low scoring 7-8 point defeat versus GB-Wisky loss last year...that BTW, was followed up by like a 40 point trashing of Savannah State.

Could they go a losing streak? Anything is possible...but waaay too early to even be discussing it....when ACC play is most important.

UM

Advertisement
Back