"We Found a Way to Win"

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Originally from miamihurricanes.com by Christy Cabrera Chirinos

There were more than a few plays late that defined the night.

There was Cam Ward eluding two potential sacks to find an open Riley Williams for a 26-yard gain. Xavier Restrepo making a crucial fourth-down catch – while flat on his back.

And wide receiver Isaiah Horton snagging the eventual game-winning touchdown, only to then come back onto the field as a defensive back to try and keep Virginia...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
This team is special and we haven't seen it from a Canes team in a long time. When we went up to play Florida, told my one friend this game is going to be like when we went up to Penn St and whooped them. The VTech game said it was going to be a hard fought game like the BC game. This team has that vibe. Learn from this game and clean up the tackling and the turnovers.

Advertisement
Currently rewatching the game. The first series, first play, Cam throws a little swing pass to Martinez and he doesn;t really try to catch it. It was poor effort. Sometimes he just doesn't look like he wants to be out there.
I was ****ed when I saw that. Love Martinez but not sure he's a full system fit. Feel like we got a bit comfortable as a whole though, we needed the wake up. For Cam to have as many bad turnovers as he did coupled with our injuries and we still won, impressive. I think the ceiling for this team may be a lot higher than peole think

Advertisement
What this tells me is that Mario is a hands-off, non-disciplinarian.

Its like he wants the players to hold each other accountable and that era is over.

Advertisement
Back