Walter Tucker might actually touch the ball with Richt

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
He was our leading rusher in spring of 2014 but carried the ball twice in 2 years though he was probably our fastest back. He could be a diamond in the rough if given a chance.

Advertisement
If we are talking about underutilized RBs, the conversation starts with Trayone Gray.

it'll be interesting to see if and where existing personnel changes, wouldn't shock me given the worst trait the last 2 coaches both had was baffling personnel moves based on nothing that had to do with football

Would like to see him drop some weight and be a real threat out of the FB position. This guy was a friggin champion high school hurdler and Alf Gluten wanted to bloat him to a plodding 250 pound FB.

This guy needs to be in the 220-230 range and get his speed back.

Advertisement
Georgia has currently 7 fullbacks on its roster. Not sure how many are on scholarship.

He was our leading rusher in spring of 2014 but carried the ball twice in 2 years though he was probably our fastest back. He could be a diamond in the rough if given a chance.
The last time I saw him carrying the ball, he was fumbling into the endzone.
It's basic, if you want more playing time, you have to make the most of your limited opportunities. Tucker hasn't done that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His weight depends solely on what you want him to do. If you want him as an i-back FB, 220 is probably too light (I can't say without seeing it). If you want to use him as a mismatch out of the backfield and have him carry the ball, 250 is too heavy.

It's going to depend on what he's asked to do. If he's going to play a traditional fullback, he needs the weight far more than he needs to run a 4.4.

If you're going to use up one of the 11 spots on offense with a FB he better be more than a small offensive lineman. He better be a threat that the defense needs to account for in the pass game. Can't waste spots on slugs with the access UM has to TD makers in our backyard.

Be nice to see another Quad Hill-type multipurpose back...

That's what I'm saying. Najeh was in the 230s in that role and Hill in the 220s. The role does not have to be a battering ram Pat Hill, type.

Advertisement
Tucker is a skilled athlete who because of Golden's inability to project and recruit needs, he was briefly a LB too. This kid has the intangibles needed to be a special back, speed and size. I believe there will be a serious shakeup at RB this spring.

Tucker is a skilled athlete who because of Golden's inability to project and recruit needs, he was briefly a LB too. This kid has the intangibles needed to be a special back, speed and size. I believe there will be a serious shakeup at RB this spring.

Tucker would be a short yardage back (DUH AL GOLDEN) instead of one of the little guys I imagine. Larry Scott had him attempt a short yardage run and he immediately fumbled so that was that.

We have a very good problem on our hands this next season. We have two fast big backs and two elusive all purpose backs capable of making plays every down. Yearby and Walton are very good backs. Gus and Gray have to prove themselves or else Richt WILL recruit a Gurly or Chub to take their place

Advertisement
Golden got the majority of his players fat and slow. He was trying to build a big ten pssy team. Thanks Shalala, you fcken ****

If you're going to use up one of the 11 spots on offense with a FB he better be more than a small offensive lineman. He better be a threat that the defense needs to account for in the pass game. Can't waste spots on slugs with the access UM has to TD makers in our backyard.

Wouldn't mind seeing Herndon back there a little bit.

Wouldn't mind seeing Herndon back there a little bit.

Might be a little tall and lanky for that position. I love Hondo as a pass-catching TE. He is a nightmare matchup with his size and speed down the seam. I think he could be one of those hidden gems who just lights it up.

In regards to chocolate. A coach who's conquered by fear isn't given carries to anyone with ball security issues.

Advertisement
Back