Waardenburg out for the year

Advertisement
It means Walker will start. The key is can Deng Gak make it through the entire season.
You may see Miller and Brooks play together but I doubt it.

It means Walker will start. The key is can Deng Gak make it through the entire season.
You may see Miller and Brooks play together but I doubt it.

don’t think it’s a lock walker starts. Wouldn’t be surprised if he did but also wouldn’t be surprised if we see Lykes Wong McGusty Timberlake Brooks with a bench of Beverly Cross Walker Miller

Wonder if he comes back next year. They said they didn't expect any of the seniors to take advantage of the extra year of eligibility, but that was before the injury.

don’t think it’s a lock walker starts. Wouldn’t be surprised if he did but also wouldn’t be surprised if we see Lykes Wong McGusty Timberlake Brooks with a bench of Beverly Cross Walker Miller

I think that's probably right, but I still adamantly believe Beverly is the better complement to Lykes, and Wong would be most effective on the second unit that's going to have trouble scoring.

Advertisement

You will see that lineup periodically during the season but Miami is not going all in on small ball like the Houston Rockets.
Besides, Wong needs to develop his point guard skills and when he plays with Lykes and McGusty, he does not get many shots.

Advertisement
You will see that lineup periodically during the season but Miami is not going all in on small ball like the Houston Rockets.
Besides, Wong needs to develop his point guard skills and when he plays with Lykes and McGusty, he does not get many shots.

We wouldn't be going all in on small ball while playing Brooks and Miller, but we also can't be throwing out lineups with multiple guys who can't shoot. Our game is based on our guards getting into the paint and penetrating but it does no good if the lane is clogged because we are throwing out too many people who can't shoot outside of 15 feet

We wouldn't be going all in on small ball while playing Brooks and Miller, but we also can't be throwing out lineups with multiple guys who can't shoot. Our game is based on our guards getting into the paint and penetrating but it does no good if the lane is clogged because we are throwing out too many people who can't shoot outside of 15 feet

Our offense needs better spacing and ball movement with less dribbling.
The ability to make open shots will also help.
More passing, less dribbling with easier baskets will be key for Miami this season.

Our offense needs better spacing and ball movement with less dribbling.
The ability to make open shots will also help.
More passing, less dribbling with easier baskets will be key for Miami this season.

Correct and you aren't gonna get good spacing if 2 of Brooks, Walker, Gak and Miller are out there. Our guards aren't good enough shooters as it is and especially now without DJ so it is important to go a little bit smaller and play Earl and Cross at the 4 spot more. They have the size and strength to do it.

Correct and you aren't gonna get good spacing if 2 of Brooks, Walker, Gak and Miller are out there. Our guards aren't good enough shooters as it is and especially now without DJ so it is important to go a little bit smaller and play Earl and Cross at the 4 spot more. They have the size and strength to do it.

At the mid major level, yes. Unfortunately, size is required to win in the ACC.
As long as the ball screen is above the 3 pt line then Walker and Game will be fine. Especially if the guards don't overdribble.
Spacing only becomes a problem when both bigs play on each block in the paint.

Advertisement
All the best to Sam in recovering from his injury. As for his game, I've just never been that impressed. As disappointing as Walker's first season was, I think he has a lot more upside. If Walker does not get the bulk of Sam's minutes, I think there are other combo's that can basically mitigate his loss just as effectively.

All the best to Sam in recovering from his injury. As for his game, I've just never been that impressed. As disappointing as Walker's first season was, I think he has a lot more upside. If Walker does not get the bulk of Sam's minutes, I think there are other combo's that can basically mitigate his loss just as effectively.
I think Sam left some to be desired after his play last year, but how many times have we said, “_____ isn’t a huge loss” only to get into the season and realize his backup also left something to be desired and then depth also suffered.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back