Virgnia Tech game

Fbdr24

Sophomore
Premium
Trying to go to Blacksburg, but the plane tickets are astronomical! Really would like to go to that stadium as its a bucket list thing. Doubt it though!

Advertisement
Well, flying in to Roanoke is most direct but probably most $$.

Just fly into dc (3 airports to choose from) and drive 4 hours. That's another option.

What's the point of going. To see us lose and to see a bunch of lame VT fans in those wack sucks to be U shirts

Advertisement
Me, I'd go to cheer for the Canes but I live in California so I can't. (Flying back from Cincy game now and hope to do FSU)

But then, posting on a Canes fan site so why would OP, or myself, expect ANY encouragement?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I e been twice, freezing cold one of them, pouring effing rain in the cold the other one. I'm 1-1 and its a good stadium and atmosphere and all, just takes a lot to get to. I have relatives in Virginia beach so that in itself is a long drive to nowhere in particular. Good luck, fans are ok, but not "Nebraska nice" or anything.

We have been there 3 times. Best to fly into Roanoke & stay near the airport (where the team stays). Easy drive into stadium from there. You will have a great weekend if you go. This is perfect time to go as fall colors will be beautiful. Be sure & have one of the barbecued turkey legs at the game....:neonu:

Trying to go to Blacksburg, but the plane tickets are astronomical! Really would like to go to that stadium as its a bucket list thing. Doubt it though!

Advertisement
Charlotte is only an hour and a half away.

Not even close to factual (2.75 hrs) but still the best option...the dc drive is a pain and Charlotte is easy to get out of with reasonably low traffic roads.

From miami and went to um but grew up in nc so have probably been to more than half the miami vtech games in bburg since '93 or so. Always have a good time and don't mind their fans. Worth making it up there especially for a Thursday night game. Call me crazy but I think we win.

To the poster that asked about that hand out negative. I just got back a couple of weeks ago from munich. Im just saying that flights are $700. Thats alot of money. And i want to go for the experience and cheer the team. I am a season ticket holder and went to tally last year. Just wanted to go. I could get a game ticket no prob. But these flights geez!

Most of VT's fans are smarta**es. The campus police will hound you and make up rules as they go at the tailgate site whenever they get the urge. If you stay at the hotel next to the parking lot where the tailgate is, you'll get ripped off by what they charge. Then you'll get to sit and watch a game where we will be outcoached again.

Why would you even consider going to be embarrassed in public having to do the walk of shame as a visitor?

Advertisement
Back