Virginia game 2/22

Advertisement
I won't use the popular "must win" phrase here, but this game is huge.

This could be the difference in finishing in the top 4 and spiraling out of control.

We definitely need the W, but a bad loss tonight and this team could quit.

Advertisement

This could be the difference in finishing in the top 4 and spiraling out of control.

Easy, big guy... no one is quitting... the NCAA tourney is a whole new season... and we are a lock to make it...

Easy, big guy... no one is quitting... the NCAA tourney is a whole new season... and we are a lock to make it...

I agree with that for the most part. But there's no way you can argue that the team quit Saturday. And another bad loss would be devastating. I hope we bounce back the way UNC did against us.

And you can argue things like: UNC had home-cooking, Tobacco Road this, Tobacco Road that, we're a bad road team, Coach L pulled the starters, etc. etc. etc. But the fact of the matter is they quit.

Luckily our starters got a lot a rest so the quick turnaround shouldn't matter much. UVA has had our number lately. Who wants it more?

To say that we "quit" is such a stupid declaration. We ran into a buzz saw in a UNC team that was playing at home, is a top 5 team to begin with, and was fresh off of blowing a double digit lead to their arch rival. It also didn't help that we played like absolute dog ****, but we were losing that game regardless sorry to say.

Tonight is the true gauge and we can formulate hyperbole after.

Everybody in the ACC is bad on the road in league games, Miami has a better than most league away record. That said UVA is an important game for both teams as it will determine 2nd place, at lesst for the moment.

Advertisement
Big game tonight. Not a must win game but it's a game we need real bad. Is there any news of Newton? I"m assuming he's not playing tonight but waiting to hear how bad his injury is.

Advertisement
With Sheldon and Newton hobbled this could be a very tough game to win. UVA like UNC are legit top 10 teams. Its a shame they came back to back on the schedule like they did with quick turnaround. We will have to dig deep to win this one.

Thanks to the hard hitting journalists covering the team, the last Newton update is from Saturday. Now, to be fair, UM might not have released anything, but I haven't seen them say UM hasn't released anything either.

Think the team comes to play tonight. Home crowd + the fact we havent beaten UVA in some time.

Advertisement
I'm feeling a big game by Davon Reed tonight. We need him to step up with Newton likely out and Sheldon not 100%. Davon has the ability to take over a game and I'm sure he knows we need him to step up tonight.

Thanks to the hard hitting journalists covering the team, the last Newton update is from Saturday. Now, to be fair, UM might not have released anything, but I haven't seen them say UM hasn't released anything either.

The lack of media coverage this team has received is deplorable.

Advertisement
Back