Vernon Davis

All ACC
Premium
Kid isn't talked about on Miami boards as much as some other kids. What's the word with this kid, what he good at, how did he perform in high school, ect. Fill me in.

Advertisement
Kid isn't talked about on Miami boards as much as some other kids. What's the word with this kid, what he good at, how did he perform in high school, ect. Fill me in.

I like Vernon alot he's about 5'8 1/2 5/9 170. He has great ''game speed'' but won't wow you on 40 yard dash times like McGee. He plays good press coverage and is very explosive in the return game and i would bet he will be in line to return punts and kicks this season. Kid needs to put on about 10 pounds of muscle a red shirt would be great for him but he's just so dangerous in the return game to leave on the bench. I look for him to have a Brandon James type career at UF lots of explosive returns for tds.

Have heard he's good with the ball in his hands so I could see him helping in the return game before making a big impact at CB, but he's a tough kid that seems to play more physical than his size would suggest.

He's a little small. His offer list wasn't the strongest, but he did commit to Miami very early in the process and never wavered. Will be interesting to see how he and Dortch do here.

Advertisement
I dunno what Miami boards you mean because Davis gets a lot of love here. Small kid but excels at multiple spots. Really think we found a gem with him.

Advertisement
Slot corner, return man. I really like this kid. I think more like Philip Buchanon type of player. Not that he will necessarily be that good. But one can hope. :)

Ask Duke Johnson how good Davis is.....he has covered Duke on 7 on 7 in the past and Duke states he is legit and very good corner. Take if for what it is worth well see.

At last year's Al Golden Camp, he broke on the ball better/quicker than any other player.

Advertisement
he's a tough kid that seems to play more physical than his size would suggest.

That's seems to be the verdict with Hope and Dortch as well, correct?

Butch wanted Dortch so I'm all in on that kid. He's fairly tall, rail thin if I remember correctly.

Saw a pic or Dortch the other day. enormous wingspan

View attachment 8266

Dude's got some long *** amrs. Hope he can shirt and fill out a little bit before he's needed.

Advertisement
Back