Vernon Carey Jr interview with 247Sports (Interesting)

Advertisement
He's not a given. Going to have to work to get him

There isn't a team in America trying harder than Miami. They have been at every live period game he's played the last 2 years. Laranaga and Caputo were in Argentina to see him at the U16 tournament as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
IThink he just wants some love from these other programs and if he is seen as a lock he won't get it...I hope.

If we can get Vernon he would be the most polished and talented Freshman we have ever had. But I fear because of his skill level the top schools will promise the world to him in order to land him. Our best chance is if his family convinces him to come to the school where his father attended. If ultimate decision is based on any other factors, we are out of the running. We can not compete against the traditions and power of Kentucky, Unc, Duke, Kansas etc.

If we can get Vernon he would be the most polished and talented Freshman we have ever had. But I fear because of his skill level the top schools will promise the world to him in order to land him. Our best chance is if his family convinces him to come to the school where his father attended. If ultimate decision is based on any other factors, we are out of the running. We can not compete against the traditions and power of Kentucky, Unc, Duke, Kansas etc.

L landed IV without the nepotism. Carey is a must get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back